Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
DanTheMan DanTheMan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7
Default

"We do have different signup bonus(we can offer custom/better bonuses for our affiliates) and completelly different affiliate software... We act as an independent room in the network. We also have a subaffiliate program and we are the only who allow rakeback with a maximum cap of 30% and as long as it is advertised in rake back sites and not as a tool to directly target other network partners(players can have an account with us even if they play elsewhere but we do not support direct targeting of network players)."

As far as I know any form of rakeback is against the policy of the network and I also believe that your rake back plans really does target the other skins on the network. I have found your rake back plan on several "standard" rake back providers sites.

I am promoting PokerNordica and I am going to have a problem the minut my players find out, that you are offering rake back (and they will soon enough).

I truly hope that the network is taking a good hard look at your rake back plans and puts and end to it.

If not Merge can kiss my *** to be honest. I can't stand the shady rake back business going on everywhere you look. Either accept rake back, put an unbreakable cap on it or don't offer it at all.

/Mike
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Krakow Krakow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
Default

Poker.com:
Where do I find thet stats for my old poker.com account? Anyone have a link or something!

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-24-2007, 04:10 AM
royal royal is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Default

Dan it is a cap of 30% and no it is not targeting network players at all

Being promoted on rake back sites it is promoting to the players already aware and looking for it who wouldn't play without such a deal. How many players that have been offered rake back at a wide choice of poker rooms do you think are playing without it(apart from the ones who make few $ a month in rake).
__________________
www.royalprofits.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM
PokerNordica PokerNordica is offline
Director
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Hi Guys,

I am the Manager at PokerNordica. I can say that rakeback is not allowed and Merge will put a stop to it.

I am sorry that I have to post in this thread but we felt it necessary since we don't want to loose our affiliates because of this...

I don't want to go into any details about this situation as it will be dealt with by Merge Gaming.

Regards,
Smith
www.partnernordica.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 AM
PokerNordica PokerNordica is offline
Director
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakow View Post
Poker.com:
Where do I find thet stats for my old poker.com account? Anyone have a link or something!

Regards
www.pdcaffiliates.com

PS: Its now called CarbonPoker
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
haynesey haynesey is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 603
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

This is targeting players, and it isn't fair to just introduce rake back in my opinion. The high playing players people have introduced to either carbonpoker.com are sure to leave and join this new site, purely because they can make more money.
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,558
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I am a little put off that Ellen or Dean have not come and cleared the air about this. I hope they do and confirm whether other skins will be able to offer this, or not.

Also as a side not I wish to hell that they wouldnt keep opening up new skins for people to play on. My personal feelings is that it doesnt generate alot of new players. You are bouncing one group from room to room to room. Especially the bonus players. IMO one account per player for the entire network,
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
royal royal is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Default

I am sorry if this will sound rude to anyone but I want to clarify few things.

How can any claim all is going fine and there is no change needed inside the network? There are a bit over 200 real ring game players at low times and sometime no games above 0.25/0.5. The network is almost entirelly almost USA targeted, apart from the nordica guys who are after the danish/scandinavian market. Does anyone think we are going after the 0.05$ players to give them rake back? No, we are only into generating high limit action and you will see the effect in less than 6 months.

Since we have started we have signed almost only Eurpean players where it is our main market. We will probably be the only room to have a bunch of european site versions in next 2 months.

As for Poker Nordica guys I have dealt with them before and I do respect them(if you don't like us go with them ). In case you read this, since we are both in Malta I would like to invite you for a beer and have a talk to you about the rake back "evil".

As for those claiming loosing players or affiliates, does any of you can show me any poker room/network that completelly prohibits rake back apart from the top 2 rooms out there who doesn't really need this to generate good action. Please do not mention that networks that do rakeback but call it VIP (ipoker, ongame.....)

As some of you agree, prohibition doesn't work so is better to be regulated(30% cap)
__________________
www.royalprofits.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,558
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
How can any claim all is going fine and there is no change needed inside the network? There are a bit over 200 real ring game players at low times and sometime no games above 0.25/0.5. The network is almost entirelly almost USA targeted, apart from the nordica guys who are after the danish/scandinavian market.
The change needed inside the network will not just be for rakeback. If you are saying thsi is what needs to happen than clearly you yourself have not spent much time playing on it. A 30% rakeback means nothing when other sites can offer more. The network needs to offer more competitive GP's, bigger tournaments, better bonuses etc. The $50 K freerolls and all the others that follow suit are not in my opinon an eye catcher or a reason to download and start playing they are donk fests. Rakeback is not going to cut it, it needs to be changed within the site itself and what they have to offer, not turning around and opening a new one and saying ok go get em boys. I love the software, and is probably one of the best out there next to PS but it's problems that are lying within. They need to work on being as competitive in the market as the other sites. Damn look at Cake, who is still very low key. 6 mths ago they had very limited players on line. LOL I waited 20 min for a sit n go than left becasue I wasn't waiting anymore. They are always changing and revolving and yes they offer rakeback which is fine. But you cant tell me that the rakeback has brought the players they have now. No it's called revamping to improve and always doing so, good affiliates who keep updating tehir sites to show thier visitors hey look what they are doing etc....Rakeback is not a long term solution.

Quote:
Does anyone think we are going after the 0.05$ players to give them rake back? No, we are only into generating high limit action and you will see the effect in less than 6 months.
So affiliates who do not offer rakeback only want the low limit players, no we want all players at all levels. I think every affiliates out there wants high action players. That's ok you have reassured me that I will be able to keep my low limit players

Quote:
As for those claiming loosing players or affiliates, does any of you can show me any poker room/network that completelly prohibits rake back apart from the top 2 rooms out there who doesn't really need this to generate good action. Please do not mention that networks that do rakeback but call it VIP (ipoker, ongame.....)
I dont have an issue with rakeback when it is done fairly. But when I go to major forums and see garbage about a new skin and go get this bonus or go get this rakeback it really pisses me off ( especially coming right off the poker.com forum). These players belong to someone. I have already done a search and seen the amount of people who are now pushing this site, and it is really sad when an AM tells an affiliate no you can't use this promo that could bring in more players becasue you are tracking rake for points and offering 1 monthly prize for most points yet you can go out and push the hell out of your skin and take the player, especially when I have been told under no certain circumstances is rakeback allowed. highrollers and offer this they will leave, so how is that ethical when they already belong to someone. I am sure a few others on here who do really well with this network will agree with me that this should have been handled another way

Quote:
As some of you agree, prohibition doesn't work so is better to be regulated(30% cap)
This has nothing to do with prohibition, first I think the AM's should have come to the affiliates and said look there are some new skins opening up, some with rakeback blah blah blah. Not one word was mentioned. I found the info out at the Poker.com forum, which by the way is now missing all the threads. All they could talk about was jumping ship to get the new bonuses, freerolls etc, which is why I posted here. The Am's new this room was in the near furture because the mods ahd told the forum members to keep an eye out for it. So why isnt info like this passed on to the other affiliates?

Like I said before players should not be able to open up accounts with every skin on the network, and if they can than each player should always be tracked to the original affiliate. I do hope an Am comes along and clears this up. Either way I am really annoyed at this entire situation, this thread, and lack of info ......again!
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-24-2007, 12:25 PM
royal royal is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Default

So you mean that probably over 1 million registred users already registred with someone in the network should not be available to the new skins for the few k that still play there? What about if all other networks did this and you as an affiliate will not be able to get a player to the skin that your promote.

Should we all have same signup bonus inside the network?

If you say yes to the above what's the point of a network?

If anyone involved in this thread is in Malta I would like to invite him to a beer and have a talk about this and I am sure I will be able to show why a regulated, capped rake back that will allow retention of big players is better than not having it.

How many of you would promote CarbonPoker rakeback? Will you be annoyed if they offer it?
__________________
www.royalprofits.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0