I guess this is a theory but i think it might be true. I keep seeing people who ask for their article to be dug placing a url to the page where it can be easily dugg. I don't think this is a good idea because i keep seeing these pages removed.
I think Digg.com picks up on when these particular pages have backlinks and there is really only 1 reason why these pages would ever have backlinks...Cuz people ask them to be digged. Therefore, Digg Just up and deletes the page entirely when it detects a backlink. Or digg can see the discussion from where the page was linked too...either way, not really a good thing for your dugg article...or your digg profile.
So basically, the solution in this case would be for you to unlink the url you're asking someone to digg. Just make the url intact where they can copy and paste into the webbrowser, rather than be a clickable hyperlink.
Ex.
http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/whatever <== Dont Do This
HTML Code:
http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/whatever
^ correct - put link into html box for copy and paste