Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 04-29-2007, 07:04 PM
kaus's Avatar
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 946
Default People who work for a hosting company should know what they are doing

I have wasted a complete day trying to figure out redirects. I have found multiple codes and spoke to my hosting company 5 times today. I even went and switched to a linux server to make life less complicated. Why is that a company will have people work in support department that dont have a damn clue as to anything besides the products they sell. Each person I have spoke to today has asked me why I feel I need to do this, do i realize I could screwup my site pretty bad with an htaccess.....just insert the code into my index page etc....Nothing they have said matches what I have searched online. Support means support and when something is not working and they have no clue what an htaccess is.......maybe I am completely wrong but I am so annoyed today at the amount of time I have wasted. Overall bad day!
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 04-30-2007, 06:33 AM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,234
Default

You must have Godaddy...
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 04-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 670
Default

I would have thought most hosting companies do not support changes to .htaccess files. I think I tried to call my host once and they said that it is beyond the scope of what they support (which I understand, since this is a user edited file). In their defence do you think they have time to verify everyone's coding errors all day long?
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ever work with this company? bg General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 04-06-2007 11:16 PM
Poker rakeback directory for sale-Very little work - $900+/mo - Fully custom CMS John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 10 12-03-2006 07:10 AM
Hosting Company Move??? losercore Web Design Q&A 2 10-20-2006 10:40 AM
Opinions - What would you think? Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 37 09-27-2006 10:59 AM
hosting company that allows unlimited domains richardb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 08-04-2005 04:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0