News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Cocktail Lounge

The Cocktail Lounge Cocktail Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2006, 12:16 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 287
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default New Internet Explorer 7 -makes annoying sound

I downloaded the new IE 7 browser, and when surfing here on PAW, every time I click on a different forum or post, my browser makes an annoying little beep. Anyone know what it is and how to turn it off???

I've poked around in the setup and internet options but I couldn't find any relevant settings to change. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple.


Thanks,
Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2006, 12:52 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,364
Default

I have a solution for you:

http://www.getfirefox.com/
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-21-2006, 12:59 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 287
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

cute

I do have firefox, and my personal favorite that I use most often is Maxthon , which in my opinion is awesome I use the group functions alot, it fires open as many web pages as I want from a predefined group. For example I have one group that is SEO, whenever I find a worthy site for SEO or a nice article, I just save that page to the "SEO" group. Open that group up and every site I have ever bookmarked is there

Main reason I am using IE 7.0 right now is to see if there are any bugs or concerns regarding my different web pages. I have already found some items which will need to be dealt with, for example:

1. If you have a link set to open in new window, the new IE7 is treating the vast majority of these as pop ups and blocking them which is obviously bad.

As good as you think FireFox is ( and I agree there are a lot of cool features), and as great as I think Maxthon is, the vast majority of web users use Internet Explorer, around 85% according to my logs. Also, there are several known bugs with FireFox and tracking issues with affiliate programs, so if you are encouraging your visitors to use FireFox, you might miss out on some income
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2006, 03:21 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 420
Default

I'm using IE7 as well. What I do is turn off all of my Windows sounds completely. It saves CPU usage and then I don't get bothered when I'm trying to listen to music or something.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Aidan Aidan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 138
Default

I'm running on Opera 9 broswer mostly. I've read that it's the safest browser on Cnet before. But I like it for it's superior tab functions.
__________________
Earn 50% Poker Rakeback by visiting Poker Bankroll, also enjoy a Free Bankroll and find the best poker bankroll bonus ,poker babes and poker videos
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2006, 06:06 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaKid
cute

1. If you have a link set to open in new window, the new IE7 is treating the vast majority of these as pop ups and blocking them which is obviously bad.

The google tool bar does the same thing...so did I.E 6, i made posts to several google groups and web desgin related forums and they all said the same thing...no way around it..."open in new window" will inevitably trigger a pop-up blocker.
BAd bad bad. almost all my link are now "same window" until someone tells me of a work around.
__________________
Sell a man a fish, and he knows where to buy a fish.
Teach a man to fish...and you kill your market base.

#1 for online Poker Players ! Are you a player yet?

Join the action with an EDGE ! Free entry to the Paradise poker Million Dollar Freeroll !
Deposit incentives, Bonus codes , $25 to $600 added at the top Online Poker Rooms !
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2006, 10:49 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 809
Default

This is disturbing...every site I have I have my links to open in new windows!

That sucks...guess I will have to go to every page and change them!


Sucks, sucks, sucks.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Marketing Books losercore Search Engine Optimization 7 11-14-2006 04:36 PM
Crypto out, Stars update DealerDan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-02-2006 06:00 AM
House of cards is unfairly stacked against internet Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 09-27-2006 04:42 PM
Internet gambling bill seen delayed in Senate SunPoker.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 07-27-2006 03:54 PM
Holidays = Annoying relatives......... Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 12-21-2005 12:00 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0