Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Cocktail Lounge

The Cocktail Lounge Cocktail Lounge

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 03-02-2006, 10:51 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 434
Default

PAW is full of pretty resourcefull people, so figuring there has to be a musician or two on here, I thought I would throw this question out:

I am looking for a free or cheap audio editing program. I need to overdub some music onto some recorded voice tracks for a small project, and I want to be able to view both sound tracks in the workspace and edit them as needed and align them for the final tracks.

Anybody have any good programs they use or have used in the past? Basically just recording in from a dictaphone and then I want to put music to the tracks, but I need to align it all right, and have fade ins and fade outs. Pretty basic stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 03-03-2006, 08:22 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 590
Default

Absent... EXCELLENT post. I knew that I'd have a chance to talk audio software in this forum, eventually. I use an older Cakewalk Pro Audio version (9) from 2001, but I like it because I know it in and out and I don't want to have to learn new software. You could probably pick up something similar pretty cheap from eBay. Although, if you don't need to do more than the basics you could even try: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/AUDIO_EDITORS/ which has a list of shareware and even some freeware audio programs. That's a pretty nifty site all-around, actually. Let me know if you have any questions. You could always go the trendy way and get something like ACID, too.

P.S. If anyone cares, I'll actually be releasing the second album from my girlfriend and I in the next few months. We do it all ourselves and it will probably make you all go like this... :unsure:
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 03-03-2006, 08:39 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 510
Default

I'd love to hear some tracks stillshadow. I am a musician (bass and drums) as well and play in various jazz, blues, and reggae bands and have been for the past 7 years or so. I get called on to lay some tracks down but do not have that much experience with any audio editing programs. All I know is that my good friend who owns his own studio uses Pro tools, but I believe that is not free.

Maybe we should put together a PAW band.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 03-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 959
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stillshadow@Mar 3 2006, 10:22 AM
Absent... EXCELLENT post. I knew that I'd have a chance to talk audio software in this forum, eventually. I use an older Cakewalk Pro Audio version (9) from 2001, but I like it because I know it in and out and I don't want to have to learn new software. You could probably pick up something similar pretty cheap from eBay. Although, if you don't need to do more than the basics you could even try: http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/AUDIO_EDITORS/ which has a list of shareware and even some freeware audio programs. That's a pretty nifty site all-around, actually. Let me know if you have any questions. You could always go the trendy way and get something like ACID, too.

P.S. If anyone cares, I'll actually be releasing the second album from my girlfriend and I in the next few months. We do it all ourselves and it will probably make you all go like this... :unsure:
You better send me a copy!
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 590
Default

You got it... I'll let everyone know about it when it's out. That's sounds cool Mark - I like a lot of bass and drum stuff. How could I forget Pro Tools? That's like the industry standard - and also very pricy.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 03-04-2006, 02:58 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Default

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 03-04-2006, 12:37 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SunPoker.com@Mar 3 2006, 10:39 AM
All I know is that my good friend who owns his own studio uses Pro tools, but I believe that is not free.



Ha! Mark you are certainly correct, pro tools is FAAAAAR from free!

My bands first album was recorded at a studio in Rockford Illinois on an amazing pro tools system. It was unbelievable the stuff that could be done on it! It was almost like cheating sometimes.

Anyways, good to know there are some musicians on here. I have played guitar for about ten years now. I am a metal head though so, just rock and metal for me, although someday I hope to expand my horizons!

I did find a good free program called Audacity. Does everything I need, thanks for the other suggestions though.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 01:20 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Default

your welcome!
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 434
Default

Holy Shit Greg, I honestly didnt even see that you suggested that program!! I was just wandering through the search engines and I found it!

Funny, thanks for the effort though!
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 07:22 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Default

lol I figured

When it comes to opensource software, I usually know of at least one for just about everything.

Another handy one that I've used for years is CDex.
Great little CD ripper MP3 converter... http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos

I just saw on the sourceforge site, that they are going to integrate it with Audacity soon. That should be sweet!

cheers
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Affiliate Business Management Software / Custom PHP & Site Development ArthurD Websites & Domains For Sale 9 04-17-2007 03:43 PM
poker odds software Wild Willy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 11-28-2006 06:53 PM
Poker League Software Updates J S PokerLeagueSoftware.com 0 10-31-2006 09:50 AM
Statistical Tracking and direct odds software? hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 07-14-2006 09:20 PM
Best Forum Software GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-01-2005 06:22 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0