Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default Should McDonalds Pay For This?

Ok, so my brother leaves his egg mcmuffen wrapper on my leather seat passenger side, I got in my car this morning and noticed a purple dye that stained the seat after only 24 hours. I have tried everything to get it out and it will run me a couple hundred to have that small portion of the seat recovered.

I know it would not have happened if my brother did not leave the wrapper in the car, however it seems irresponsible that mcdonalds wrappers have this dye in it that would ruin my seat after only 24 hours. Does anyone think I have any recourse here or should I just pay to get it fixed and move on?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 874
Default

I don't think it would be possible...you could sue your brother though...hehe j/k
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
I don't think it would be possible...you could sue your brother though...hehe j/k
Haha, I might just do that if my brother pulls any moves and tries to get out of paying for it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,563
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

The grease in their food is horrid. Same as your reciept if you notice as soon as it goes anywhere near the food it will bleed. I doubt they would reimburse you any costs and probably say that it should have been thrown in the garbage instead of sitting there.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 PM
mfosouto mfosouto is offline
Knocked Johnny Chan out
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Default

The funny part is that a similar thing happened to me last month.

I would threaten to sue your brother, and if this didn't help, I would beat him up
__________________
- Partnership: Tutoring for newbies. PM for details.
- Translation work: PM me for quality translations to Portuguese
- Selling cheap poker domains in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

You can probably sue for the psychological damage it has caused you and your family. About $80 million should cover it. "No Win, No Fee" here's a good law firm to start Low, Ball & Lynch
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 712
Default

I was thinking the same thing.
Ask for 80 million accept $10K settlment
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc View Post
You can probably sue for the psychological damage it has caused you and your family. About $80 million should cover it. "No Win, No Fee" here's a good law firm to start Low, Ball & Lynch
Haha, I think your right. Clearly I will endure permanent damage from this unfortunate situation. I don't know if I can ever face another fast food wrapper in my life which is a direct result of their negligence food wrapping process. I didn't want to let this out of the bag, but last night I dreamed I was trapped inside a giant purple dyed wrapper and couldn't find my way out. Thanks for pushing me over the edge with this one folks, I am going after them in a big way. I may just own McDonalds when I get through with them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-14-2007, 12:34 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 944
Default

Do they have a URL or do they use the IP on their business cards etc? Weird.

"-Visit our webpage! The URL is 66.101.212.90. Very easy to remember."
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did a PAW member copy my site? what should I do? dbirider General Poker Affiliate Discussion 29 12-18-2006 06:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0