Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is online now
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 531
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default Got my first non-gambling affiliate sale

Im branching out into other areas a bit, and finally got my first sale of an ebook in the dating niche. Commissions are solid ($25). Not as good as poker obviously, but still good.

One thing Im realizing is that I feel like it's much harder to convert in other industries. Gamblers want to gamble and they'll do about anything possible to get money on a site. Other industries don't seem to be as desperate.

Just thought I'd share with everyone. It's not the same feeling as my first poker signup, but it's still a good feeling.
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
November - $12,346 net income
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
kdollar kdollar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 192
Default

Congrats. I have a TV website that gets a lot of traffic but doesn't sell any TVs. I know what you mean when you say gamblers convert because they want to gamble. Everyone else is hesitant!
__________________
Play online poker and get the best poker bonus codes. Find out the top online poke rooms and get daily online poker news.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
mfosouto mfosouto is offline
Knocked Johnny Chan out
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Default

I had the same experience. Struggled a lot with other areas, and got almost nothing in return. I am still struggling, but at least now I get something, still not the best, but growing.
__________________
- Partnership: Tutoring for newbies. PM for details.
- Translation work: PM me for quality translations to Portuguese
- Selling cheap poker domains in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM
mfosouto mfosouto is offline
Knocked Johnny Chan out
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Default

By the way, I had some doubts in some programs (not-gambling related) I tried in the past, where I would send hundreds of users and get no conversions, and when I asked the owner of the product what was his conversion rates, and he would not give me that information... So you can guess I was probably being ripped off.
__________________
- Partnership: Tutoring for newbies. PM for details.
- Translation work: PM me for quality translations to Portuguese
- Selling cheap poker domains in this thread.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Congrats Justin.

Quote:
One thing Im realizing is that I feel like it's much harder to convert in other industries. Gamblers want to gamble and they'll do about anything possible to get money on a site. Other industries don't seem to be as desperate.
I disagree. Especially in the dating niche.

Millions of people are desparate to find love and are willing to pay if they believe you have the solution to their problem.

You just have to learn how to speak their language and push the right buttons.

By the way David DeAngelo's "Double Your Dating" program is a hot seller.

http://doubleyourdating.com/

Affiliate program here:

https://affiliates.hottopicmedia.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,079
Default

I agree with Dave, other niches are just as easy or easier to convert than gambling. It's all about razor sharp targeting.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-2007, 07:44 AM
PokerEvolver's Avatar
PokerEvolver PokerEvolver is offline
Poker Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
Default

Gambling affiliate stuff is kinda hard to get into because you can't use any normal affiliate advertising channels like Adwords etc.

The most lucrative niche I've found is fat people. They are willing to try anything to lose some weight and the best part is that they buy working products, but they are not prepared to go thru the whole process. So that means that they buy again and again waiting for the magic pill they can take and wake up slim.

Key in any affiliate marketing is to find sub-niches. Like in gambling you could concentrate only in selling poker tables or poker chips. Or in hair business you could concentrate on selling to people who have dry hair. That's how you dominate your market.
__________________
Poker Evolver - New Tool for Evolving Players
Poker Evolver Affiliate Program - For Money-Hungry Affiliates
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Vness Vness is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
Default

Hi everyone,

I saw this post and thought I would hop in and let you know about our sister network Share Results.

While the Income Access network is known for gaming, our sister partner is retail focused and may be of interest to some who are looking for a different way to go.

Justin, we have several dating merchants that you may want to check out. Including Mate1 and Ashley Madison.

PokerEvolver, we have a popular dieting merchant as well, eDiets!

If you haven't got a retail niche, there is also a Forex trading merchant in SR that may be the right merge for you to start.

Thanks,
Vanessa
---
Vanessa [at] incomeaccess.com
Income Access gaming network
Income Access Offers
Share Results retail network
__________________
Vanessa

Vanessa @ incomeaccess.com

www.incomeaccess.com ( Unibet affiliate program)

www.incomeaccessoffers.com CPA network
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poker affiliate Programs edmc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 05-27-2007 12:07 PM
Gambling Content Website for sale $2500+ per Month Verfiable! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 01-21-2007 03:51 AM
Interesting Article..... Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 11-13-2005 02:05 AM
Gambling "Portal" Websites For Sale: Setup & Ready Cashmirrors The Spam Forum 0 10-19-2005 06:18 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0