Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 286
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default Great designer

Some of you may remember I was looking for someone to convert my html site to a cms site. I was looking at Joomla but decided to go with CMS made simple instead. The problem was that nobody wanted to mess with it at all! Not even Alance or Kundan.

I did some searching on the web and found a great guy named Justin that jumped at the chance to do it. He gave me a great price and had it done in a matter of days.

So, if anyone is needing something like this done, check this guys out.

Here is his link
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 537
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Is RidgePoker the site that you used a CMS for?

I use Joomla for my local site here in Arizona and it didnt come out half bad either. Was pleased with the overall outcome with a niche site like that.
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 286
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

Yes, RP is the site I'm changing to cms - Should have it changed over shortley.
You are using Joomla? I really liked that cms, but I had some concerns about SEO. I really wanted to keep everything the same when I moved it - The link structure, etc. I couldn't do that with joomla -

If I was starting a new site, which I will be soon, I would use Joomla. How is it working for you ?
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 286
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

Is azgambler the site you are using Joomla on? If so, tell me know you did it. You have proper link structure and a nice template. Was it designed for you or what?
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 537
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Yes, AZGambler.com is a Joomla-CMS driven site. The template was completely customized by 'fastpony' here on PAW. He's probably one of the most knowledgeable coders on here as far as ANY CMS goes. The colors, add-ons, and plugins are all very top notch. Also, the reason the link structure is actually normal is because of another plugin called JoomSEO -- it allows you to completely restructure all the choppy links into SEO friendly URL's. I haven't learned the program to the fullest yet, but I know you can customize all your keywords and **** data from within and it really can help in the search engines.

It's doing well for a lot of local search terms at the moment -- but I got dinged badly when I switched over domain names and URL structures. I used to be on the first page for 'Arizona Poker' and whatnot, and I've since fallen off the planet since redoing some things with the tags and other data, lol. Not to mention I have a crap of content and info I have to finish. Been so busy doing sidework and reviews for PAW members I've neglected my own sites, lol.

Hope this all helps. Rant done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyman View Post
Is azgambler the site you are using Joomla on? If so, tell me know you did it. You have proper link structure and a nice template. Was it designed for you or what?
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 286
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

It does help thank you. I tried the Joomla SEO, but I messed something up and couldn't get it to work correctly..

Nice site!
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 466
Default

holyman, you have some design issues with ridgepoker, not sure if you are aware or not.

All looks good in firefox but in IE7, the table widths are off and the navigation is aligned to the right.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 286
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

No, i didn't realize that. I'm checking it out now - Thanks!
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 286
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

Ugh, that looks awful and I have no idea how to fix it - I emailed the designer. Anyone else know how to fix it?>
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 466
Default

yeah, I see what the problem is, besides the crazy table structure. Your table background is set at #7b924e and that is placed inside of a "td" that has align="center" as a property. I'm not sure but I think IE is actually parsing it correctly but that's just crazy lol.

Change:

< td width="30" > < / td >

TO:

< td align="left" width="30" > < / td >

and see if it helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The one Thread With some great Offers in July Come Grab A Great Bonus Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 8 07-14-2007 05:43 AM
Have a great Canadian weekend kaus The Cocktail Lounge 1 07-01-2007 10:32 AM
Springtime is here! and great Bonus Offers are here Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 0 04-04-2007 08:16 AM
BackGammon Empire A Great Place To Play A Great Game Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 2 01-30-2007 08:10 AM
Come try out Break Away,Sail Away,Sci-Fi Casino Today Great Stuff Great Bonus Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 2 12-12-2006 06:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0