News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Web Design Q&A Use this forum to discuss any web design questions or issues you may be having

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2007, 06:31 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 202
Default Lists for voting

I want to provide lists of things that people can vote on.

I also want to provide lists where people can add their own nominations which can be voted on.

For some of these, I'd like the content of the lists to be able to include URLs.

What is the best way to do this?
Is there any special software that makes this easy to accomplish?

I know there are certain sites that will allow you to do this stuff on a page you create on their own site, like Squidoo...but I want to be able to do it on my own sites.

Thanks for your input.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-28-2007, 11:55 PM
ArthurD ArthurD is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13
Default

PHP, CGI, ASP, or some other similar server-side language will be required to do such a thing.

I do this professionally and could develop a solution for you.

Instead, though, I suggest you try googling 'PHP poll' or browsing free script directories. There are TONS of free poll scripts out there to use.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2007, 07:13 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 202
Default Thanks...

for the xpertadvicefromu

Yes, I am starting to find lots of free poll and survey sites.

I am wondering if these are also built in to certain programs,
like vBulletin, for example, or other Forum software apps.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Yesterday, 03:35 AM
ArthurD ArthurD is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13
Default

There are many polls out there created for installation on a website - they're just PHP, ASP, etc.. and require simple installation and sometimes DB setup.

I'm sure you can find forum add-ons as well - try Google.

As far as hosted solutions, I'm sure you can find that too. That's where the code part is executed by a free service (usually requires an ad, as that's how they afford to offer you the service / make money off of it). Search for something like 'hosted poll service' or similar on Google.

Lemme know if you have any questions! :-)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uploading lists kaus General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 11-10-2006 02:31 PM
offer individual player lists takemoney General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 11-07-2005 03:21 PM
Mailing lists? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 08-12-2005 06:56 PM
E-mail Lists ethomps General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-19-2005 05:04 PM
Buying or Profit sharing for lists PokerGuy777 The Spam Forum 5 05-18-2005 02:31 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0