Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 306
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default php converstion

So, my buddy is insisting I need my site to be php to make my life a ton easier. The only problem is that I use frontpage to edit and update my site.. I have some limited code knowledge, which is the reason I'm using frontpage..

So, he converting everything to php, but I have no clue how I'm going to edit and maintain the site yet..

I was hoping I could get some clues on how all of you maintain your php sites.. Does everyone just deal with the raw code? Is there a good html to php conversion program out there? Is this just a bad idea since I know nothing about php??

Thanks for you help!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,578
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Dreamweaver

I would also head over to sitepoint or one of the other design forums to read a few things. Some great tutorials there!
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2007, 01:20 AM
alance alance is offline
JMSCasino.com
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 118
Send a message via MSN to alance Send a message via Yahoo to alance Send a message via Skype™ to alance
Thumbs up Dreamweaver

Hi
i prefer the site build to be in PHP so its alot easy to maintain the site
and the best software to use that is Dreamwear as Kaus mentioned in this Post

All the best
__________________
Waiting for my first Poker Affiliate Site...

Top Online Casinos || Poker Templates || Professional Web Site Templates || Design Templates
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2007, 02:15 PM
bigstack bigstack is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 18
Default

I use the Zend ZDE... its more of a professional programmer setup than dreamweaver so it may be more than you need/want.

but frankly you cant use notepad or wordpad... there are a ton of free editors .. .and front page will edit php files as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2007, 05:08 PM
stiankr's Avatar
stiankr stiankr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 119
Default

Ill go with Dreamweaver , i think you must learn some basic HTML to learn how to manage websites.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2007, 01:49 AM
lipaonline lipaonline is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Yes DW is one of the best for website.
BUT be careful, DW do lot of things (alone), and not always good think
( change link, add f**ing html code....)
i use the "code view" to make the code, and best behaviour is separate code and html/design ...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Html to PHP? Holyman Search Engine Optimization 7 07-25-2007 07:59 PM
PHP Help kaus Web Design Q&A 0 07-16-2007 11:47 AM
Affiliate Business Management Software / Custom PHP & Site Development ArthurD Websites & Domains For Sale 9 04-17-2007 05:43 PM
I need a PHP Coder NeverBeg General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 07-01-2006 07:08 PM
php or html? Brandon Search Engine Optimization 4 12-18-2005 04:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0