News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Spam Forum

The Spam Forum All spam goes here and only here. Feel free to spam away!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,031
Default

I kinda wish I had a rakeback site or had the patience to operate one. I play somewhat mid stakes online poker. Nothing too high mostly $1,000 nl cash tables. I was talking to a few players and none are on rake back. I had like 3 guys wanting me to hook them up, and they play more than I do. Didnt even know what rakeback was.

Anyone got a rakeback site they want to sell

Later
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 AM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

no rake back site to sell, still working on building my rake back site to promote. I know a lot of the affiliates have negative opinions about rake back in here, but in reality rake back is good for the poker players. I know it may not be the best thing for affiliates, because it creates tough competition. But then again, rake back affiliates are mostly making squat compared to your average affiliate. It blows me away that online poker has been around for quite some time now, and more and more rake back sites get produced every day, and still big time players, like you say, have never even heard of rake back...

By the way, maybe you can let your friends know about my site
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
kksuited kksuited is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 138
Default

I won't go on my normal rant about RB, but like you said, many affiliates don't like it and most sites don't like it either.

It's pretty simple really. Affiliate programs are for the purpose of bringing players to a site. Once you bring the player, you're duty is done and the site wants to take over from there.

These big RB operations put player retention (keeping players happy) in the hands of affiliates. Sites don't want that.

That's just one of many reason the good sites (Paradise, Stars, Party, etc.) don't allow RB.

Say you have a very active 5/10 player that brings $150,000 a year to the poker room. You'll make about $6,000 for the year if you are a RB affiliate. You'd make about $50,000 if you don's offer RB. Now take those numbers to the average player, say $5,000 a year in rake. You make $200 a year from that player. Hardly worth the time to pay them each month for that much money. Now if you're a poor college kid, $200 sounds great I'm sure.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kksuited@Dec 6 2005, 03:00 PM


These big RB operations put player retention (keeping players happy) in the hands of affiliates. Sites don't want that.

That's just one of many reason the good sites (Paradise, Stars, Party, etc.) don't allow RB.

Actually there are plenty of great sites that completely take care of the rakeback payments. You send the player and the room takes care of them, pays em their rakeback and all. I have argued this with you before, and I will again. In fact, 80% of the sites I send players to right now pay them and all i do is refer them and give em their daily stats. Plus I also help em out if they ever have any problems or anything like that.

See this whole rakeback thing isnt the evil player poaching that everyone tends to think. Dont get me wrong, it certainly exists, but there are a lot of educated players who enter the market and want something in return for their play. Can you ask for a rake break at the Bellagio? No, but this is a different market, and the consumer has demanded different things.

And by the way, $200 dollars a year from one player isnt much, but $200 dollars a year from my 250 players ads up to be some really nice extra money each year to the tune of 50k. Fine, you might be making 10g's a month from regular affiliate work, but If I can make three to four grand a month and interact with players from all over the world and have a fun time doing it then I am just fine and its become a great and entertaining source of extra money for me.

To each his own I guess....
__________________
Rakeback
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have no thoughts on rakeback but I would say if your looking for automated rakeback one of our sponsors CelebPoker makes it a cakewalk for you and they have some high limit games going on that attracts some of the higher rollers who seek RB.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 907
Default

I agree, Celeb has a nice setup

I need a room that allows rakeback & runs on Linux too!

Any ideas?

Thanks
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-2005, 01:22 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 907
Default

EDIT: stuffed up dialup timed out & double posted
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2005, 02:54 PM
MGRPlease MGRPlease is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 14
Default

I just signed up here today . I started as an affiliate for a Rakeback site 3 months ago and now I'm working on actually getting into the real business. I do indeed have a Rakeback site to promote its Battlefield poker on the Prima poker network. My personal webite for promoting this is www.SaveOnRake.com if you want to send anyone my way it would be appreciated. 35% Rakeback to players is pretty good and it can be cashed out instantly to their poker accounts daily.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0