Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,502
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Question Google Sitemap

I submitted my sitemap and it came back with the following errors

Quote:
Paths don't match
We've detected that you submitted your Sitemap using a URL path that includes the www prefix (for instance, http://www.example.com/sitemap.xml). However, the URLs listed inside your Sitemap don't use the www prefix (for instance, http://example.com/myfile.htm).
There are 10 errors with the same message. So does this mean I need to remove and fix the errors...do they matter?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2007, 08:55 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

use another program to make your site map. make sure it can make a Google site map. I have used this a lot in the past - http://www.snapfiles.com/get/gsitemap.html

Also make sure all you internal links that link to the full domain use the www and not juat http://domain.com

yes you do not want errors in your sitemap at all. This means Google can't find pages it thinks are supposed to be there..
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

I just thought of something. Your forum is at a different domian so you may want to exclude the links to the forum from your sitemap. This may be causeing the problem. just a thought
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,502
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

yes my links all exclude the www

this is how the editor has it when you insert the link to the file,

thanks I will go and do that tonight
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 863
Default

I have a sitemap question...I'v asked it before to no avail. I use frontpage, I have a google sitemap. Where do I put it on frontpage? Do I insert it in one of my pages? I dont know what a root directory is or how to get there so if someone could simplify this that would be great.
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Need poker room reviews, player bio's or basic strategy articles? PM me...cheap rates
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
I have a sitemap question...I'v asked it before to no avail. I use frontpage, I have a google sitemap. Where do I put it on frontpage? Do I insert it in one of my pages? I dont know what a root directory is or how to get there so if someone could simplify this that would be great.
Just upload it to your site in the root of your site. The sme directory as your index page. Make sure it's called sitemap.xml

That's it

Then go tel Google you got one and give them the link to it. http://www.mysite.com/sitemap.xml
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Kaus,

One more thing. Make sure you are consistent on using either the www or not.

Also you can log into Google webmaster tools and tell then to treat www and non www as the same.

The problem is, Google by default, will treat this as different pages if you have links point to www and links without it. So be consistent either way you do and tell Google treat them the same

I would say always use www becuase other people linking to you are likley to use the www and want those links to count to what you are trying to buils PR on.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-28-2007, 09:55 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 863
Default

Quote:
Just upload it to your site in the root of your site. The sme directory as your index page
Thanks but this is what I dont know how to do. Someone should make me a "google sitemaps for dummies" book cover.
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Need poker room reviews, player bio's or basic strategy articles? PM me...cheap rates
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
Thanks but this is what I dont know how to do. Someone should make me a "google sitemaps for dummies" book cover.
Just upload to the same directory where your index file is that is all. have it named sitemap.xml

then in your google site map account notify them of the site map:
www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps

If you have any problems with anything you can PM me for MSN address and I'll help you figure it out.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

I'm guessing you are using a CMS NewPoker and that is why this seems like a strange concept. you may be updating your content via the web browser and not locally on your comouter and then uploading it.

If you're using Firefox you need the FTP extension. just search Gogle for Fire fox FTP extension.

If you have IE and it's NOT version 7 we are ok. Just type the FTP address of your site. like: ftp.pokersite.com

Then you put in your username and password from your host and just copy and paste it in there.

If you are using IE7 and don't have FF or the FTP extension you can do this through windows command promtp too. Same thing type the FTP address of your site supply credintials and then use DOS commands to copy it over. Sounds hard huh?

Otherwise your host should have some access to your files within your Cpanel. What host are you using?
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Building a google sitemap manually MasteryOfPoker Search Engine Optimization 1 01-12-2007 09:13 AM
Google takes a pounding after hours gumbajohnny The Cocktail Lounge 2 04-20-2006 05:44 PM
google sitemap Brandon Search Engine Optimization 3 12-01-2005 01:40 AM
GOOGLE launched a new version of its toolbar today Ritch111 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 02-18-2005 02:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0