Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,970
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default So I wrote an SEO Article

Enjoy, It's taken two years. But I finally feel like I know just enough to publish an article for our newer poker affiliates on the subject.

SEO Article
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 AM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

Nice article and all true, I have been aware of everything you stated but for some reason i dont do most of it, I usually sit down and just start writing and let it flow. After reading the article i am going to get back to the basics, instead of taking the easy way out, or should i say the less time consuming way out.
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2006, 12:59 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default

Great article Jeremy. It's always good to be reminded of these things and for all the new affiliates this is gold.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Nice work. You gave me an idea to start a new seo blog from the new year. It will be geared towards newbies because I will be making mistakes along they way & hopefully learning from them.

Ok you mention authority links. I have been picking up plenty of links but not really taking account of the PR of the site. The more I looked into PR the less interest I have had in it. Im targeting my links purely on potential traffic. Are you saying if I select a few top quality links I will find it easier to compete with more competitive key terms? Im currently getting decent SE traffic but have yet to push hard for these competitive terms. Thats my 2007 aim.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 770
Default

Nice article Jeremy. I had a question... how many links to other content should you have on a page? Is there a good number to try and aim for in the content, or does it matter. If you have too many links does it depreciate the link values? I am still trying to learn SEO stuff, so I would appreciate some insight from some more exprienced people.

Thanks!
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,970
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Great questions guys, I would love to hear some of our resident SEO experts thoughts on this as well. No names but you know who you are.....
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-22-2006, 03:34 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 526
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Two things that stick out most in that article that the majority of beginners totally miss are:

A) PR is nowhere near important as relevancy for link building!
B) Definitely don't go for the plain and obvious two-worded keywords, try going for 3-worded or more and focus on creating a decent amount of content so you can target a lot of them.

Great article.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manual 230 Article Submission | PR3 to PR7 | Only $24.99 imteaz Web Design Service & Coding 6 04-06-2007 11:00 AM
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Free Limit Holdem Strategy Article losercore The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 08-08-2006 07:53 AM
An article I wrote Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 04-21-2006 04:01 PM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 07:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0