Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,000
Default Google penalty for no follow tag on archives?

I'm ready to launch a redesign of my Matusow blog and it's currently a blogger blog only. I'm going to migrate that blog into a full blown website that will be Word Press driven.

I'd like to do an import of the existing blog and archive it for a future planned move to all WP vs. blogger. If I have an archive link but use the no follow tag, will Google penalize me for duplicate content?

My logic here is that if even one person decides to link to the archive for some reason without my knowledge, Google and others will index it regardless. Won't I get penalized at that point?

Is there some way to let a bot know that the page is an archive/backup?
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2006, 11:02 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,686
Default

noindex

nofollow isn't for that. If I'm reading you correctly that you will now have to sites, just noindex,follow the old one... although I guess I don't know if you can do that on blogspot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,000
Default

Thanks, that makes more sense. I'm working on the new site now but I think I'll wait a bit to make the archive/backup live just to make sure.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
I have a duplicate content penalty.... PokerMaster Search Engine Optimization 0 06-15-2006 08:04 PM
Google takes a pounding after hours gumbajohnny The Cocktail Lounge 2 04-20-2006 05:44 PM
Google issue, MUST READ Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 06-16-2005 08:24 AM
GOOGLE launched a new version of its toolbar today Ritch111 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 02-18-2005 02:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0