Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2006, 08:28 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 99
Default Meta Refresh

I made all my affiliate links internal and I am using a meta refresh to take them to the site. I was told today that meta refreshes are the worst way to accomplish this. Any chance someone can be kind enough to share the proper way to do this in our business. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,572
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Quote:
I made all my affiliate links internal and I am using a meta refresh to take them to the site
I guess my question is, why would you do this and go through the trouble? There are plenty of top ranking sites that link directly via their affiliate links.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 08-05-2006, 12:54 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 99
Default

This is just an easier way for me to manage all my links. Having so many links on my site, I am always scared that I've messed up the links thus will not get credit for a sign up. Instead of sweating hundreds of links, I just have one page that I need to ascertain is correct, then I can be confident they are correct through out the whole site. Since I dont know about php or anything, this works well for me. I may be a little paranoid, but this gives me peace of mind.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 08-05-2006, 02:29 AM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
There are plenty of top ranking sites that link directly via their affiliate links.
There are also PLENTY that use the redirect method.

Give this a try, it works for me and is widely accepted as the best way to do this.

< ? p h p
Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: xxhttp://youraffiliatelink" );
?>

Obviously, take away xx before the http and all of those spaces on the top line
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 08-05-2006, 03:55 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 99
Default

Thanks bro.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Secrets, tips and strategy of creating meta tags NewPokerGirl Search Engine Optimization 2 03-24-2007 12:04 PM
Meta Description - Use It.. SunPoker.com Search Engine Optimization 0 11-30-2006 07:53 AM
Meta Title, Meta Keywords, Meta Description? PokerAAcademy Search Engine Optimization 2 07-13-2006 12:42 PM
meta tag help mhossa Search Engine Optimization 6 07-06-2006 01:25 AM
Meta Tags questions SmackDog Search Engine Optimization 6 12-07-2005 01:05 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0