News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
Rockstar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 342
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default Does the sandbox exist?

Im starting to winder if the Google sandbox really exists. Maybe it only exists for certain sites.

When I launched SabinaGadecki.org, I got a few link partneres first to get the site started. After about 3 days, I was listed in Google and then number one within a week for "sabina gadecki".

Obviously there was no competition before, because no one knew who she was. So if the sandbox is really there, shouldn't it have been keeping me out of Google?
__________________
How embarrassing. A fridge full of condiments and no food.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-14-2006, 12:21 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 55
Default

I'm with you on this. My site is less than a month old and I already have top placement in google for certain keywords/phrases and 1st page spots for other keywords. I thought new sites were in the sandbox for some time.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 PM
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 99
Default

I also agree. My two sites both got to first page and often #1 in google for their keyphrases in about a month or less.
__________________
CardsLife.com---poker social networking
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
StinkyFishPoker.com
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,047
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

When I lauched StacksPokerOnline.com, I was getting about 500 hits from google a month, all for my keywords...3 months into it it dropped to 100 due to me free falling down the rankings. I my friends was in the sanbox...I have about 3-4 months left on my guess, so I will update then
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
StinkyFishPoker.com
Sign Up Now - Stinky Fish Poker
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,101
Default

The sandbox certainly exists, but it seems to have been expanded, in a more fair way, to cover new pages on domains too. That's why the sabina sites don't seem in the box. No one had pages on here with even a tiny amount of algorithmic value. So far as Sabina is concerned, you site IS and "old" one. When that term basically came into this world, your site was one of the first site or pages on the Internet about it.

Also, the term is basically random text. It's not like either sabina or gadecki is going to be recognized as a term that a filter needs to be applied to.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0