Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-18-2005, 07:27 PM
jschell jschell is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58
Default

I know that one of the important things to consider when doing link exchanges and whatnot is the relevancy of the site that you are getting the link from.

How much weight does this carry? If I were to only try to get links from "gambling" sites, this would severely limit my ability to get links, especially high PR links since gambling sites cannot get a PR of over 5.

If I expand my linking efforts into say computer games and board games, I would be able to find links with 6 or 7 PRs as well as add to the sheer volume of links that I might get. These links would still be sort of relevant, but obviously not as relevant as a link from a poker related site. How much less do these links help?

At what point do less relevant or irrelevant links actually hurt your placement? If I got a link from some pharmacy site with a PR 7, for example, would this hurt? If I got 25 PR 3 links from pharmacy sites, would this hurt?

Thanks for any thoughts you SEO experts can give.
__________________
Rakeback by Rake of Spades - Rakeback programs for Battlefield Poker (Prima), Titan Poker, and others.

PM me for custom affiliate deals at Titan Poker (Casino Partners), Empire Poker and Noble Poker (Tradal.net)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2005, 08:32 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,707
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jschell@Nov 18 2005, 05:27 PM
especially high PR links since gambling sites cannot get a PR of over 5.
That's not just false, it is very false.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
jschell jschell is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 58
Default

Oh, okay. I know I read that somewhere, but apparently it isn't true, thanks PPP.

Still, the fact remains that more high PR links are available if I am not limited to only gambling related sites, so I would like to know if I can take advantage of these irrelevant sites for SE placements.
__________________
Rakeback by Rake of Spades - Rakeback programs for Battlefield Poker (Prima), Titan Poker, and others.

PM me for custom affiliate deals at Titan Poker (Casino Partners), Empire Poker and Noble Poker (Tradal.net)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0