News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2005, 01:06 PM
texignweb texignweb is offline
The Party Riches Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to texignweb Send a message via MSN to texignweb
Default

I have read from a couple of sources that having dynamic URLs will be a disadvantage in SEO. In your experience or knowledge what is your take on dynamic URLs SEO-wise?
__________________
Josh Ziman
[email protected]

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, your probably right."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 438
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Well considering I just switched all my forum URLs back to dynamic from static title-of-thread.html urls, I'd say it's no disadvantage at all. It makes next to no difference in Google.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2005, 04:28 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 929
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick0r@Oct 21 2005, 01:09 PM
Well considering I just switched all my forum URLs back to dynamic from static title-of-thread.html urls, I'd say it's no disadvantage at all. It makes next to no difference in Google.
I'd strongly disagree

It makes the least difference w/bigG, but a rather large difference with the others.

my 2 pesos
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would love to hear PPP, Dave, and Randy's opinion on this. Feel free to chime in fellas.

I would think that it would be advantagous to have page titles in the url versus php=63637. At the very least I can't see how it would hurt you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-2005, 07:08 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If I got to choose, I'd take a URLwith my keywords in it over one with a bunch of dynamic gibberish in it every time.

I'm convinced that no one gets points for dynamic gibberish in a URL, but you might get points for having your keywords in your URL. How much "credit" you get for that is going to vary from engine t engine, but I can't imagine that it would EVER hurt your rankings, and it will probably help.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0