Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-18-2007, 07:50 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,558
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Value of SU Backlinks

I know that they use the no follow on submissions but in my webmasters tools I am showing backlinks for all the people who have submitted/voted for my site. I know that the anchor wont be there but are these backlinks valuable at all?
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 338
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

what does "SU" mean?
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaKid View Post
what does "SU" mean?
Stumble Upon?
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-18-2007, 11:59 PM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 374
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Yeah stumble upon.

Not all robots follow the directions of robots.txt I think yahoo might be one that follows anyway in fact. I dunno about MSN.

I don't think you'll get like PR for them, but they are groovy for traffic, and other serps.
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,078
Default

As long as it is indexed I believe they are helping you. How much, I don't know - that would take some experimenting.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-19-2007, 01:30 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,558
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Interesting. I am also seeing links from de-lic-ious who also uses no follow but backlinks from profiles.

Well that article sits in 75th place for pot odds, 6th for easy pot odds (title tag probably has more to do with that one along with limited results) but there are no other links pointing to that page other than SU and internal.

would be interesting to see though. I did try the advertising there with no success. I think its been a month long now and I have yet to hit 300 clicks with four different campaigns running.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 12-19-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-19-2007, 06:37 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 374
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Google bots do 'follow' the link, it just doesn't pass juice. If you have the ability to see visitors on your site it's fun to watch actually.

If I stumble something 2 visitors show up, both stumble bots, followed by 7 other bots, google. Then a yahoo. So no surpize they're indexed


YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for ranking 6th
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backlinks Silentcarrot Search Engine Optimization 2 11-15-2007 02:09 AM
Advertising on established poker network - Quality traffic & backlinks John D Buy & Sell Advertising 10 10-26-2007 07:48 AM
How to check backlinks? SmackDog Search Engine Optimization 5 05-25-2007 07:48 AM
need forum posts, willing to trade backlinks, content, etc.. chrisptp The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 05-14-2007 06:21 PM
What is the key to backlinks? stillshadow Search Engine Optimization 9 08-04-2005 01:20 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0