Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 568
Default Need Help with my WordPress Blog

I know I need to edit .htaccess to change my permalink structure. However, my web guy tells me this is not an option for my hosting.

Is there any other way to change this so I can change my permalink structure?

SmackDog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,215
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Just go to "options" from your admin panel. One of the links under that says Permalinks. You can change it there.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 09-15-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-15-2007, 08:55 AM
mikebrad mikebrad is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 459
Default

Smackdog, is your hosting company telling you that you can not have an .htaccess file? If so, you probably need to reconsider your hosting co.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 568
Default

I should have been more clear on my previoius post. I know how to change the permalink structure, but I already have posts ont he blog and I don't want to get a bunch of 404 errors.

I don't know if I can't access the .htaccess file or not.
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-17-2007, 08:12 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 921
Default

Where do you host your site?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default

try using this xhttp://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/advanced-permalinks/
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 568
Default

I finally got it to work! yea! I had to have my host switch me over to a Linux server from the windows one.
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want your Website Reviewed and Linked from PR3 blog SmackDog Buy & Sell Advertising 5 12-07-2007 12:41 PM
Blog doubts! mfosouto Web Design Q&A 2 08-30-2007 09:35 PM
Blog design needed for Wordpress blog Justin Web Design Service & Coding 0 06-04-2007 11:15 PM
Wanted - wordpress designer to pimp my blog scrawnybob Web Design Service & Coding 3 05-16-2007 08:40 AM
free links (exchange) on PR4 poker blog scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 09-03-2006 06:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0