Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 PM
holdemgr holdemgr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Default Changing my links page name

Hello

I'd like to experiment with a few link directory scripts (my knowledge is very limited though).

Anyway if I change my link page url from .../links.php to something like .../links/index.php how can I go about informing the people I have backlinks with? Is a normal redirect going to work or do I need to contact each one individually?

Things can get even more complicated if I put the links in different categories so redirect is not going to work anyway (?)

Apologies if this has been asked before.
__________________
Greek poker guide
http://www.holdem.gr
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2007, 04:23 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,290
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I contact each one of them. Some don't, but I think it shows a little commen courtesy to tell them so they can update tehir own file with who is linking to them,
__________________
Selling VBSEO License and VBulletin License - PM for details
_______________________________

Gambling Directory
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
ProPokerMedia ProPokerMedia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 85
Default

right, though you can't control other site's links so make sure your redirects are in place -- no offense, but i'm still wondering why anyone even bothers with link scripts in that manner -- it makes more sense for users to have OBLs (out-bound links) on pages where the OBL is relevant to that page's content
__________________
we're a team of soho web professionals and i specialize in poker seo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2007, 07:31 AM
holdemgr holdemgr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks for the replies

Well, obviously I have little idea of what I'm doing but I've learned a lot more since I've started.

So you think that using a link script (I was thinking phpLD) is not worth the trouble? I thought it could help getting more traffic. I am trying to target a local market (in Greece) certainly not saturated yet.

Oh yes and I'm always looking for experienced and serious partners, since my expertise is playing poker not really being an affiliate/webmaster...
__________________
Greek poker guide
http://www.holdem.gr
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home Page Links For Sale RILEY31 Buy & Sell Advertising 6 08-12-2007 09:31 AM
Changing page names ThePokerBank Search Engine Optimization 3 08-11-2007 10:06 PM
Page rank 3 front page gambling links for sale RILEY31 The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 03-05-2007 01:50 AM
4kingpoker sites link exchanges / links box spaces for sale scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 07-12-2006 06:47 AM
Inbound links on a page PokerMaster Search Engine Optimization 5 12-20-2005 12:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0