I have found that this forum does drive traffic from Google directly because of VBSEO. Having the forum topic in the url versus something like php=postid-1284857 has been beneficial here.
For example this post is on the first page of google if someone was searching for:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...on&btnG=Search
Not that I care about a few random hits each month from "VBSEO searches". But take the thousands of other posts at PAW, which most are somehow relevant to poker affiliate marketing. When you add up all the random search terms PAW gets found for each month, VBSEO has been worth it for us.
I can see however with an existing forum how you want to be careful and make sure it is installed properly. If your existing pages don't get redirected properly or the rewrites are bad, you could get stuck with thousands of duplicate pages.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|