Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Default Aged domains

I've got quite a few domain names waiting in the wings to be developed (I'm going to keep maybe 5 or so and sell the rest).

In trying to make my mind up which ones to use I've got a bit confused, some of the names have records going back as far as 2003 (online-poker-game.org for example), but when I do a whois.sc search it shows as registered in 2007. Whilst other have aged records and show in the whois as created in 2003.

In terms of being an aged domain is it the fact that there is a history there that counts, or the creation date on whois?

Also, how old do they need to be before the 'aged' part becomes a factor, is 2004 old enough?

I know this would prob be better posted on an SEO forum, but there seems to be some experts around here and I trust you guys opinions more.
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Default

No one know?
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-07-2007, 06:56 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

.

Last edited by edmc : 06-16-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM
gooderpoker gooderpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 164
Default

wana send me a list of the names you got I am looking for poker domains. my budget does not go over 1000 so only send stuff i can afford.

thanks
__________________
Poker Forum
Canadian Poker Bonus
Poker Bonus
No Deposit Poker
online rap radio
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Default

Once I've made my mind up which ones I'm keeping you'll be the first to know. I'll PM you.
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-07-2007, 09:31 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notspot View Post
In terms of being an aged domain is it the fact that there is a history there that counts, or the creation date on whois?
"aged" has meaning for a website, not a domain registration.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Default

Oh ok, thanks PPP.

To tell you the truth I had no idea about the aged domains thing when I bought them, first off I liked the names, secondly I was quite tipsy and there was a sale going on. It was only later I realised some of them were aged and still had backlinks when I put them on cashparking for storage.
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 197
Default

It has more to do with the age of the website ie: when it was first indexed.

If you bought a domain 10 years ago and only put a website up on it today which Google finds it will still be treated as a brand new website as if you had only registered the domain yesterday.

Where the aged preference would come in is with a website where the domain and website are X number of years old and have been indexed for that length of time.
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here

Free Live/Offline Poker Tournament Feed - List upcoming offline poker tournaments on your website and use it to promote the online satellites to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Default

Thanks Zilla
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poker Domains some are aged... 10.00 or 30 for all s2kinteg916 The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 02-03-2007 01:57 AM
2 Domains For Sale SmackDog The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-01-2007 01:15 PM
3 Domains For Canadian Market & One Site JohnG The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 01-19-2007 04:13 PM
Does the us law make our uk domains better? aplayer_uk General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 11-12-2006 06:02 AM
Mac Casino / Poker Related Domains, Premium adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-17-2006 01:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0