Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network

Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network Promote through the Poker Affiliate World system and take advantage of large CPA's as well as all your stats being on a simple poker affiliate backend.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2007, 06:23 AM
3jokers's Avatar
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 234
Default PokerStars.com PAW

If you refer a player to pokerstars and the player uses the bonus code printed out on the pokerstars own website ( which every player will do )
http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/bonus/

You won't get credited for the player!!! I just got this news from opening a ticket on paw affiliate support.

Never heard anything like it! I would understand if it was an affiliate bonus code but it is right there on the PokerStars.com website. Feels like a bit of a scam....
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonus
Best Casino Bonuses
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2007, 07:26 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,292
Default

I would not go as far to say a scam, but I don't see why sending a player through PAW is any different than sending a player directley with our own trackers. I've never had this problem with Stars.


I hope there is some mis-communication here and this is not the case.

Jeremy, can you shed some light on this?

Thanks
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 AM
3jokers's Avatar
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 234
Default

Here is the part of the reply I got from the paw ticket:

The bonus code "First2007" is a bonus code that is reserved for PokerNews.com and only listed on PokerNews.com. (Then why is it on the pokerstars.com website ?!!?)

If a player uses this bonus code, it will automatically register the player under the PokerNews.com affiliate account and not the PAW affiliate account where your tracker is.

Likewise we sign up several players per day from this bonus code so it will be hard to figure out if indeed one of your players did use this code.

I really wanted to promote this poker room but I realise that almost all players I send will use the bonus code printed out on PokerStars.com own website, especially when it in the client says: "enterbonus code here"
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonus
Best Casino Bonuses

Last edited by 3jokers : 05-17-2007 at 07:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,292
Default

Intersting indeed.

Stars is supposed to have their new affilliate backend coming soon. They may allow the use of bonus codes so it might be wort just using Stars directly considering the CPA is the same.

A little suprising though. I still would like Jeremy to chime in a bit about this. That response sounds a bit harsh.

I understand they could not track players if they use the code so to speak. It would be hard at least. But i don't get why this code exsist only for poker news. If I send a player to poker.com and they use the deposit code on the main page (When there use to be a poker.com) I would still get credit for the player.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2007, 08:32 AM
3jokers's Avatar
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore View Post
If I send a player to poker.com and they use the deposit code on the main page (When there use to be a poker.com) I would still get credit for the player.
Of course, that is how it normally works. I wonder how many affilaites there is that has lost money becasue of this insane system.
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonus
Best Casino Bonuses
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,130
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Actually this was my mistake and I apologize.....I didnt realize this was on the Pokerstars.com website. I just saw it on our website and assumed it was a code of ours that Gaz had set up.

http://www.pokernews.com/pokerstars

With that said, this is not a pnews exclusive bonus code at all and yes your players will still track to you with it. Disregard the support email.

I thought you were using a exclusive pokernews bonus code

Anyhow, I will email off to our Stars representative and get more information on this player. My guess is that the stats simply didn't update though.

Sorry about the confusion.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2007, 08:37 AM
3jokers's Avatar
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 234
Default

oh ok, that's a relief. I had just changed the text on my website to "NO BONUS CODE NEEDED!" lol
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonus
Best Casino Bonuses
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,292
Default

Thanks Jeremy. I thought it sounded strange.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Carly - Stars's Avatar
Carly - Stars Carly - Stars is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 36
Default

Hi All,

Just to explain, we dont have bonus codes in our current system linked to affiliates when players sign up.

You need to use your referral links for the players to be tracked.

Our new affiliate system which is currently in development will include bonus codes.

FIRST2007 is a deposit code and available to all players who use it.

From now until the end of 2007, if your players make a first-ever real money deposit, PokerStars will give a 100% bonus up to $50. They just need to use the bonus code "First2007" to begin earning extra cash. To earn this bonus, they will simply need to play on PokerStars and collect the number of Base FPPs equal to 10 times the bonus amount.

Hope this explains it - it has nothing to do with PokerNews.

Thanks,
Carly
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM
3jokers's Avatar
3jokers 3jokers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 234
Default

that's what I thought... so why can't I see the player I reffered in my stats? Well I guess Jermy is looking into it...
__________________
Easy Poker Bonuses
No Deposit Bonus
Best Casino Bonuses
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Neteller - Bad News Canada/Turkey DealerDan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 24 03-29-2007 05:36 PM
USA Poker Players are playing at PokerStars Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 8 01-07-2007 07:43 AM
Nolan Dalla on the Ban CAZ General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-04-2006 01:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0