| The Poker Affiliate Exchange Have something you want to sell or trade, i.e. domains, websites, poker stuff? Have Fun. |
 04-19-2007, 01:20 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
|
|
Is The Any Interest????
Looking for some input on Myspace accounts....Would there be any interest for anyone to purchase Myspace accounts? If so how many friends in an account would there have to be to make it worth it?
Any input is appreciated.....
|
 04-19-2007, 01:37 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 159
|
|
I don't really think there would be much interest in buying MySpace accounts on sheer friend numbers as anyone can just go out and buy a friend adder and do this themselves. If you had a MySpace account setup for a specific site or promotion that has a proven record of attracting visitors and converting that would be a different story. That's my opinion.
__________________
Poker News | Poker Gossip | Poker News Blog
|
 04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
|
|
thats kinda what i thought as well, the only thing about getting a friend adder is they recommend only sending out about 400 request a day or your account will more than likely be banned, therefore getting a huge friend list to market to would take someone along time to achieve.......
|
 04-19-2007, 03:53 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 159
|
|
True enough, my general opinon on MySpace marketing is it is more work than it is worth but that is just from stories I have heard.
__________________
Poker News | Poker Gossip | Poker News Blog
|
 04-19-2007, 06:48 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,154
|
|
I can say the right approach at the right time has worked for me. I use to try and run 10 different accounts and all that crap and then i srated one that was just cool. Everyone wants to be my friend and i don't have to go out spamming for friends. When I send out bulletins they get read and i get signups all the time.
You just have to do something a little different and a little cool. BTW this is poker related
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
|
 04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 159
|
|
Just a guess but did you create some really hot poker babe or something and make up a fake life for her????? That would be cool, lol.
__________________
Poker News | Poker Gossip | Poker News Blog
|
 04-20-2007, 01:10 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 624
|
|
Another thing... Myspace can ban your account at any time. They did that to one of my accounts where I never added a person, I just accepted friend requests. They have also banned other of my accounts. I say screw myspace!
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 04-20-2007, 01:25 AM
|
|
Special Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 503
|
|

I also made quite a few accounts on myspace and got alot of traffic and quite a few signups from horny guys that wanted to play poker with me. Out of maybe 50 signups I got 0 RMP's....I wouldn't pay $10 for an account with 10,000 freinds on it and here is my reason:
- Just because it says you have 10,000 freinds doesnt mean anything. The people that build these accounts up send spam bulletins all the time and all a person has to do is see one of these spammy messages and they hit a button and you are taken off their friends list, but that person is still on yours but you can't send them bulletins anymore.
I would say if someone had 10,000 freinds only 1000 of them would get the bulletin in most cases and only 50 of them would read the bulletin and maybe a few of them would signup. If you do things yourself and find an edge like a "myspace Illinois texas holdem tournament league" and really devote some time and effort to making freinds and chatting on a regular basis it you could get a bunch of rmp's.
To sum it all up...buying a myspace account is a waste of money in most cases. Building something yourself and putting some time and thought into it could be profitable....IMO
__________________
I can't think of anything good to write here 
|
 04-20-2007, 10:18 AM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,503
|
|
The amount of friends we have is in the xxx,xxx range on multiple myspace accounts. And I concur with NewPokerGirl, having 10,000 friends is such a small sample size and if trying to convert for poker rooms, it is doubtful you will see even 1 conversion.
The problem with myspace is that a large majority of the users are kids, don't gamble, or don't have the means to purchase anything online. So for online gambling it is not a lucrative market.
For adsense and getting them to click stupid advertisements......thats another story.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
 04-20-2007, 10:32 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
|
|
I dont use myspace for marketing purposes, i take one of those funny comments you can find all over the web, and embedd a link back to a site, and blast it out. i dont think the links carry much weight, but they are one way links, and some of those myspace pages have good pr, plus i get alot of visitors from myspace doing this. So for me i dont use myspace for conversions, this may be a waste of time, but it takes all of 2 clicks to do it, so it cant hurt, IMO.....
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26 AM.
|