Team Paradise Members wins WPT Legends of Poker
Joe Pelton Win WPT's Legends of Poker
Joe Pelton was a long shot at last night’s World Poker Tour Legends of Poker main event final table. A relative unknown on the poker scene, Pelton, from Newport Beach, California, was up against poker professionals Scotty Nguyen, Hoyt Corkins and Team Paradise Poker veteran Randy Holland. Now that Pelton is $1.5 million richer it seems his reputation will precede him.
“Going into the final table I felt my chances were as good as the other players,” said Pelton. “I realized I was playing with pros and hoped that Randy and Scotty would be knocked out early. I never felt in danger of losing when I went all in, I was confident in my cards and was able to keep my bluffing to a minimum.”
The final hand saw Pelton up against Frankie O’Dell. Pelton raised $400,000, O’Dell re-raised ALL-IN, Pelton called. O’Dell showed 6h 6d, Pelton showed Ac 7c, the board revealed Ad, Jh, 3d, 2c, Qs. Pelton won the WPT Legends of Poker main event with a pair of Aces. He raked in $1,577,170 and a $25,000 seat at the WPT Championship.
Pelton began playing poker at Harvey Mudd College with his buddies about three years ago. Now a business analyst, he feels that his analytical skills help him in every aspect of life, including his poker game. This is Pelton’s biggest win so far. His second largest take was at the 2005 WSOP where he won $11,000.
After winning, Pelton was overwhelmed with emotion in what he described as “a dream come true.” Pelton says he has watched these big games on TV before but to win is surreal. No big celebration has been planned but Pelton plans to buy a house with the money at some point. For now, Pelton is going away this weekend with his girlfriend to let the win sink in.
Although Pelton admits that this is life-changing money, he claims he’ll keep his day job and won’t play any more poker then he usually does. “Poker is a fun way to pass time, but I will not consider a career in playing,” added Pelton. But watch out for him – he’s competing at the WPT Championships and the WSOP next year!
Team Paradise Poker player Randy Holland also put in a strong performance placing fifth and cashing in for over $177,000.
Full article:
http://www.bluffmagazine.com/news/ne...newsID=1101261
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
|