Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Moonspell Moonspell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3
Default New poker strategies website

Well..an other newbie like others.. Added a list of my personal favorite poker movies. Please check it out and give me some comments

http://www.londonpokerlist.com

\m/ Greg \m/
__________________
Top poker movies & strategies
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2007, 08:22 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Its a very good start. The pages are kinda big though, I have to scroll over to see the whole thing but maybe its just me. You left out a good poker movie....I can't recall the name of it but it's about this Jewish guy thats good at rummie. It's something like "the life of ?????" or something like that.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 278
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

A decent start.. The Poker office banner is blurred in my screen.. Not sure what is going on there.. You'll need to resize your pages at some point.. The readability of your pages are key...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-29-2007, 08:32 AM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 315
Default

Its a good start, reminds me of my first web design.

I would recommend using the same template for each page. Whenever I visit a new page the header is in a different place each time and jumps around. It is important to have a consistent 'feel' throughout the site as it makes the site look a lot more proffesional.

Also you may want to change the font from Times New Roman to something like Arial or Verdana. The TNR font is not as clearly readable as other fonts. Try learning CSS, it is very easy and will be very useful in the future when you are expanding your site.


The site at the moment looks a little unproffesional at the moment, but if you make the small changes it will make a world of difference. If you want to become a serious affiliate you may want to have someone design a template for you. I never intended on having anyone else but me design my site when I first started out, but purchasing a custom template was one of the best decisions I have made.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Moonspell Moonspell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3
Default

thanks.. I' ll try to fix these problems.. the resolution looks fine on my pc, but on others it looks different :s
__________________
Top poker movies & strategies
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-29-2007, 05:38 PM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 139
Default don't like template

I am not a big fan of the template and colour scheme but I like the movie list good idea!
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-29-2007, 06:21 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I always check my site on other people's computers. I have a wide screen flat panel so both the sizing of a website and colours are different from others especially those with older models.

I would look at some of the other sites to get an idea of design and structure. It will take you time but with each attempt you get better. My site is no where near being correct or exactly what I want but I'm working on it and am happy with the progress.

I would definately fix the size of your page and banners. I do like your header so maybe increase that to fit your page. Where it sits right now just looks like another advertisement.

Good luck!
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
You left out a good poker movie....I can't recall the name of it but it's about this Jewish guy thats good at rummie. It's something like "the life of ?????" or something like that.
The Life of Stu Ungar!...I thought it was a great poker movie.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,156
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonspell View Post
Well..an other newbie like others.. Added a list of my personal favorite poker movies. Please check it out and give me some comments

http://www.londonpokerlist.com

\m/ Greg \m/
Ill post here what I posted in the exact same thread you made.

What's really strange is your personal top 10 poker movies are the exact same (in order) as pokertop10.com.

What a strange coincidence huh?
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

on your main page, you have 2 links directing to each tip. use nofollow tags on one of them.

yeah page size is large.

Try to blend your banner a little more
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
Poker tournament schedule on your website Pokerboy The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 08-30-2005 03:30 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0