Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
gder03 gder03 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 33
Default Rackeback Affiliates - Is it bad?

I was just wondering, is it bad to affiliate w/ rakeback sites? I actually have never been part of a rackeback deal (stupid me), however from what I undesrtand, you have to sign up via their affiliation with the poker site.

So example:

to get 28% rackeback from xxx.com, I must sign up to a poker room via their affiliate link. Correct?

This means the user is not signing up through MY affiliate link, and thus I am losing money, b/c I am getting a smaller % of the money that user is generating. correct?

Or am I wrong?

I guess my question is; in the end, what makes more money, having a section on your site that affiliate w/ RB sites, or no. I am thinking long terms MGR.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,001
Default

If you offer rakeback then I would not do it. if you do not offer rakeback but want to be able to have your members/guests the option of rakeback then it's ok.

Otherwise you may loose the entire sign up if they were looking for rakeback and just left your site for another.

But like I said, if you offer your own rakeback then yes you will be loosing in the end offering other's rakeback. unless of course you just can't compete with them.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poker rakeback directory for sale-Very little work - $900+/mo - Fully custom CMS John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 10 12-03-2006 06:10 AM
Information for Affiliates on the passing of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforceme Mr_NukNFutz General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-03-2006 11:25 AM
Common Mistakes that Newer Affiliates Make Graham General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 08-29-2006 08:14 AM
How to target AFFILIATES for sponsorship John D General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 03-09-2006 08:57 AM
Fortune Affiliates Egthareal General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 03-11-2005 05:37 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0