News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2007, 10:36 AM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 127
Default Looking for suggestions/review.

For my new site, PayPalPoker.Net, i am looking for a review/suggestions on what else i can do to improve the site. I have little content at the moment but im hoping to change this in the next few months.
Please post even the smallest of things i could change to improve the site such as font colour, size etc.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 198
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

- I'd change the font from Times New Roman to something more web-appealing.
- Background/site just feels plain.
- The header seems to be unattached from the whole site. I'd tidy it up some, maybe revise the design a bit.
- Do Sun Poker & Pacific allow Paypal deposits? I didn't see them in your "Paypal Rooms" section thats why I'm wondering. If they don't, I wouldn't have them on the page as you should only be focused on sites that accept Paypal.
- Add dates to your main page content.

In regard to the design, I'd center it, then that dark grey border at the left, top and right of the image header, I'd run that down the whole page, and have the news items enclosed in that. Then possibly throw some sort of textured background around it all. Possibly put the main page text items in a box with white background.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2007, 07:05 AM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 127
Default

thanks dealer dan, I changed the tables abit to make them more "appealing", adding some dates and some content now.
I can't center the design, I tried for about 2 hours yesterday, but doesn't seem to "fit" still. Any help would be appreciated!
I'm going to change the font now aswell.
Thanks any more advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
Haynesey
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 412
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Ok 2 things I noticed.

You have poker adds on the right hand side. I would say the left is better for hits. smaller screen resolutions may miss it.

Also you will need to be careful with duplicate content in relation to the sites you are advertizing, just a little rephrasing should do it
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 127
Default

ok thanks edmc.

Will change to right hand side later.
Changed the duplicate content, i was considering that before i used it.

Dealer dan.
Changed background, change font.

Thanks for comments guys.

Any more are more then welcome

Haynesey
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0