Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-09-2007, 11:52 AM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default New Blogging site

After building my first site, www.pokerbribes.com , i couldn't help but resist to build another one. This site is completely different, and it's going to be a diary of how I ( a regular joe with a reg job 9-5) try to go from a casual player to at least a semi-pro. I think it'll give some good insight for those who want to try to do the same. Check it out: www.onepokeravenue.com
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 525
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

I like the idea of the site. Looks kinda choppy right now, but Im assuming itll get cleaned up a lot more as you progress in the development stages of the site. GL.

TJ

ps -- If you're thinking about affordable advertising for your site check out my thread in the Poker Affiliate Exchange *wink wink*
__________________
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
-- Affordable Advertising Solutions --
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default

Hey AceHigh,

Thanks for the quick review. I will be adding things here and there, but in terms of design, the general overall look will be the same. It is just a blog, so there's no real need to get very fancy. And if I do see more traffic to my 'story', I may consider paying for advertising.

Thanks again AceHigh
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

The idea is good but I'm not a fan of the blog software. I think wordpress would look a little better here. It's just hard to know what is going on right off the bat. if you did not tell me what this site was before i clicked it I would have clicked back right away. For some reason there was nothing to attract me to it. It was hard to follow the direction.

Just my 2 cents but I think another blog softwae might do wonders here.

Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com/

If you have not. They have dozens of free blog software reviewd and on demo.

Hope this helps
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2007, 03:27 AM
fade fade is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default

yes, please consider wordpress, its an excellent alternative to whatever blog software your using (and much easier on the eyes)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
pokerbribes pokerbribes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26
Default

I still don't like the look of workpress, but thanks for the suggestion. I find geeklog to be quite clean. Personal preference I suppose. But again, thanks for the suggestion.
__________________
Sign up for online poker through www.PokerBribes.com and receive $40 FREE!! Refer a friend and receive $20 FREE!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM
21 Ways to Promote Your Site Online and Off FinRivered General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-10-2005 09:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0