Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-22-2006, 04:13 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 471
Default See the new Rake Shark! Links available too!

Well, after two years in the bizz I finally gave the site a face lift.

I love Sharks so I can't give up the whole shark idea, but I have pretty much let the rakeback behind. I will continue to work with the two good sites who have always been good with me rakeback wise..but other than that I have finally switched to a more standard affiliate poker info site.

The best part though is I finally had a graphic artist make me a damn Shark!!! Viewable in the rake shark logo at the top of each page...

Critisize, critique, do whatever you may do, but I am a stubborn SOB so I probably wont listen to you anyways...but what good would my site be if I didnt throw it to the wolves at PAW!

www.rakeshark.com



Thanks everyone for the information over the past year and a half. LInk exchange info is in the Poker affiliate exchange, or just PM me.
__________________
Poker Rakeback
Come see Rakeshark completely redesigned, it's pretty badass
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:08 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Default

Nice work. I think it's well organized and keeps it simple for the user. You do have a lot of information listed in the center section on the homepage though. Perhaps you could organize that a bit more so that the user has a better idea of where to go.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:37 AM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

Im not a big fan of having the poker news script on the homepage for news, i use their feed also but not on the homepage, its basically all the content in the center of the page, so when a visitor hits your homepage and looks at one of the headlines and wants to read more they click on it and are redirected to a different site, which you may never get that visitor back. Also unless you are using a php script for that feed it is useless as far as seo goes, search engines dont read java.
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-22-2006, 02:57 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 471
Default

I see I see.

I will keep that in mind and change accordingly.
__________________
Poker Rakeback
Come see Rakeshark completely redesigned, it's pretty badass
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PR 4 Links and Articles Available Bryan The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-28-2007 02:39 PM
Rake Shark has been redesigned, seeking link partners absentx The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 12-21-2006 09:56 PM
4kingpoker sites link exchanges / links box spaces for sale scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 07-12-2006 07:47 AM
Rake Collection Calculations.. SunPoker.com SunPoker.com - FocalClick 0 06-08-2006 11:21 AM
Does Tourney vig/rake count? BruinEric CelebPoker.com 3 01-14-2006 07:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0