News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-06-2006, 04:01 PM
propkr propkr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Thumbs down A poker odds calculator that sucks

About a month or so I launched a poker odds calculator (no not another one!) at http://www.professional-poker.com/odds/

I'm still trying to make it better so I would appreciate some feedback from the members here. Does it work in your browser at all? Does it load too slow. Do you like the interface or not? Any suggestions for improvement?

Anyway take a look at it and let me know what you think. Don't be shy, I know there are a lot of very good calculators out there but this one has a few features I haven't seen before, for example you can customize the colors and card backs, it keeps a history of entered hands, it has a tabbed interface, and you can toggle between a 2 and 4 color deck.

best regards,
propkr
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 959
Default

Loads fine for me ,

Only thing , the black text on the dark green background where it says player 1 and player 2 and odds is a litle hard to read
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Not a Player but like to talk gambling , then come visit our Poker Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New To The Midwest...
Posts: 777
Default

Looks great in FireFox.

Worked well too. I like how you can customize it. Great feature.
__________________
Just waiting for my next big idea...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 883
Send a message via MSN to Kyle
Default

I was doing a few test runs and I think the math is a little off. For instance type 8d9d vs 33. flop 10d, jd, 3c, turn 7clubs.... says 333 has 0% chance of winning? Should be a possibility for the boat and quads.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-07-2006, 02:10 PM
propkr propkr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Default

Hi Kyle,

I've gone though the logging looking for the hand you described but I couldn't find it. I did find one that was recently added, click on the following link:

http://www.professional-poker.com/odds/h/?4591

In this hand not a 7 of clubs was entered but a 7 of diamonds, resulting in a 100% win for the straight flush. So this is correct.

If I enter the exact hand you mentioned I'm getting these results, click on the following link:

http://www.professional-poker.com/odds/h/?4633

333 will win this hand 20.45% of the time. This *does* account for the possibility for the boat and quads like you suggested.

So for now I'm assuming you didn't enter a 7 of clubs but a 7 of diamonds in your test, which would explain things, and more importantly show that the calculator calculates the odds correctly.

But I would appreciate if you could confirm my findings, just to be 100% sure.

The actual program that calculates the odds on the backend is btw based on the same program that is used for example by twodimes.net and probably a lot of the other calculators. This program is a C program called pokenum and it's open source. The thing that makes this calculator different is the interface.

Best regards,
propkr.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 10:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0