Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2006, 04:52 AM
saikaz saikaz is offline
I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: as said above
Posts: 12
Send a message via AIM to saikaz
Default OK, I started

What's up everyone, thanks for all the messages about being an affiliate. I'm done with all that now, but I'm not done with my site. I'd like to get some pre-rolling-out-the-red-carpet reviews of it from ya'll. I'm going to officially open it up for business this Friday (i.e. get all the Joomla links out and home I don't mess up the SQL database again...), but before that, I'd like to know if there's anything you'd change on the page.
I'm sticking to the green cause' the logo's going to work nicely with it (if the designer ever gets the revised logo back to me). Besides get the logo up and getting the placeholder links out, what would you do? Thanks for the checkup!
__________________
Bringing Poker Back to the Pros
bringitbackpoker.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2006, 09:10 AM
jharri26 jharri26 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Default

Decent start. I would modify the template a little bit so its not so much the standard one with Joomla. Also I would recommend not using the built in weblinks component. I created my sites using Joomla (xhttp:www.route66poker.net, and xhttp://www.casino-game-review.com) The second one I am using the same template, not quite done with it. Let me know if you have any questions on Joomla maybe I can help.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,292
Default

Looks good. I have used Mambo/Joomla a lot in the past and love it.

The thing about standard templates is not as bad as it seems. We, as affiliates and webmasters, see a lot of websites and analyze them even more. Therefore we are always seeing these templates and can spot a standard template from a mile away. For the average user just looking for a poker site, I'm not sure it's the same way. In some cases yes if you are using totally default everything they will know. With most people thinking they need to change the standard template so much, the standard template becomes a rarity.

Just a few thoughts...
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2006, 01:33 AM
gder03 gder03 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34
Default

doe joomla templates come w/ html and css codes? I plan on starting a site, so i have downloaded some templates. however when i unzip the files, i dont see any coding taht i can edit.

i agree w/ everyone; that looks like stereotype joomla site.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2006, 10:34 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,292
Default

It depends on the template. Most have a CSS usualy called template_css.css or you can just edit the Index file directly. Most templates are not that hard to change around.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2006, 10:17 PM
gder03 gder03 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 34
Default

ah yes, I see now. thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PageRank update started ozim Search Engine Optimization 21 01-19-2007 01:28 PM
just started - some questions about special offers deepak7 Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 3 01-08-2007 04:44 AM
Started receiving weird SPAM today... Help! Bryan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 06-04-2006 05:36 PM
I started playing at 32 Red and boy i'm ahead Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 0 12-22-2005 01:24 PM
Getting started as an affiliate David General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-22-2005 04:52 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0