Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 08-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Wild Willy Wild Willy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 57
Send a message via ICQ to Wild Willy Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Willy
Default Please review my forum

Hi,

I'm just getting going with this new site and would like some feedback from some of the veterans.

If you have time please take a look at http://www.thechipleaders.com

Thanks
Wild Willy
__________________
http://www.thechipleaders.com
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 08-29-2006, 11:41 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,186
Default

I made a comment on the other post about the site being good.

I really like the site. Very good design and a great setup for navigation.

The text is a little small at some points but nothing major.

All and all I really think this is a well designed, well thought out site.

Best of luck
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 08-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Wild Willy Wild Willy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 57
Send a message via ICQ to Wild Willy Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Willy
Default

thanks for the comments

If there is one thing I learned is there are no stupid comments or questions so here I goooo

I think my immediate issues are going to be members then traffic. Kind a "chicken before the egg".

How do I build up active members talking about poker without creating the traffic first?

I already have a reward program for active members and buying several hundred dollars in poker tournament entries to give out to members.

In addition, I was looking at keyword placement (has been good to me in past in different industry).

I've also set up a couple traffic generators in form of a top list and banner exchange targeting...well you Casino/Poker affiliate site owners. Hoping to be able to build perm links with select members.

Buttttt like I said this is my first dive into this industry. And I know it's always different looking from inside out.

any comments on how to best approach my issues?
__________________
http://www.thechipleaders.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,582
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

In this industry you can have all the traffic in the world or the best looking site. But you still need to give players a reason to sign up at whatever room you are promoting.

If I were you, I would look at what I could do to differentiate my forum from any other poker foum in the world. With poker forums, people can post at 100's of them. What will make them want to become a loyal member of yours?

It's a tough industry but once you "get it" you will love it Willy.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Wild Willy Wild Willy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 57
Send a message via ICQ to Wild Willy Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Willy
Default

Quote:
If I were you, I would look at what I could do to differentiate my forum from any other poker foum in the world. With poker forums, people can post at 100's of them. What will make them want to become a loyal member of yours?
your right about being different and that is why I am offering prizes free prizes for top active members. IE the follwing

1st place: A seat at the last qualifying round for the 5 Million GUARANTEED Classic in Barcelona. This is valued at over $300.

Four 2nd place winners will receive a seat at $80,000 or more GUARANTEED Tournament.

Fifteen other members will receive seats at satellite table for a $200,000 GUARANTEED Tournament.

So I am giving away prizes to top 20 posters on the forum every 30 days. I don't know if that's enough to make me "different"????? I simply looked at something ALL gaming sites do and that is give away bonuses of all kinds.

In my case there is no deposits. Members to my forum don't have to pay anything to participate. They only have to be concious active members of my forum.

I want learn so am i creating a good promotion?

Thanks
Wild Willy
__________________
http://www.thechipleaders.com
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 08-30-2006, 01:31 PM
imteaz imteaz is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 288
Default

nice forum, seems you just started like me,,,,
but be honest, you got much better forum than me.
good luck...
__________________
Poker Deal | Poker Tips | Poker Blog | Gambling Bidding Directory PR3
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Review my Poker forum. imteaz New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 09-08-2006 01:30 AM
New Forum Please Review greview New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 0 08-06-2006 06:03 PM
Forum Review xyphlo New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 04-08-2006 07:14 AM
Please review my forum PokerMaster New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 0 12-22-2005 06:22 PM
My forum - and a small review of a pokergame site qasper The Spam Forum 4 10-18-2005 02:48 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0