News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2006, 11:06 AM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 45
Default Question about poker forums

For all of you that have poker forums, how long did it take for your forum to become active? Mine is not even two weeks old and I have been advertising the heck out of it, as an incentive to registering I'm offering a $100 freeroll to all members but that doesnt seem to be going over well.
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://www.poker-portal.info/forum
http://www.gamblersreview.info
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2006, 02:25 PM
losercore losercore is offline
#1 Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 134
Default

It can really take a long time. There are 1000's of poker forums out there and it often takes something special for people to switch. I would look at the forum as something your site visitors can use if they want. If your site is interesting enough to keep people around for a long time, the will just naturally go to your forum. Or if your forum has things no other sites have, they might stick around.

You can always try a forum affiliate program. Depending on the forum software you are using, you can probably find an add-on that will allow you to pay people for posts and recruiting other members. or have a point system and give away real prizes like Cash, Ipods or something like that after people reach a certain point level. Obviously you wouldn't want to give an Ipod away to a spammer so you need to be careful of this type of promotion.

All and all I would say forums are the hardest thing to get going, unless you have a special niche in the industry... If you are catering to a specific crowd then you will just get members, but if you are advertising just poker to poker players, they are most likely all ready posting at other forums and don't want to waste time at a forum with 20 members.

Good Luck
__________________
  • Titan Poker Bonus Code
  • Cake Poker Bonus Code
  • Web Hosting $6.95/Free Domain
Attention spans are short. Make sure customers find your website before they lose interest
Yahoo Search Marketing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: T.O
Posts: 636
Send a message via MSN to Kyle
Default

Advertise on other poker forums for maximum targeted advertising.
__________________
Poker Forum - FriendSpace Poker
High Stakes Poker
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 306
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Any poker forum that takes prominent advertising of other forums must be crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2006, 08:46 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 45
Default

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of doing a referral program once I figure out how to add the mod to my board, something like a $100 poker account to poker room of choice, just an idea I am throwing around.
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://www.poker-portal.info/forum
http://www.gamblersreview.info
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2006, 10:21 PM
losercore losercore is offline
#1 Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 134
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by greview
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of doing a referral program once I figure out how to add the mod to my board, something like a $100 poker account to poker room of choice, just an idea I am throwing around.

That's a good idea becaue you can get the CPA if they play.
__________________
  • Titan Poker Bonus Code
  • Cake Poker Bonus Code
  • Web Hosting $6.95/Free Domain
Attention spans are short. Make sure customers find your website before they lose interest
Yahoo Search Marketing
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2006, 08:47 AM
PokerOwnage.com PokerOwnage.com is offline
The Next Micon?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 50
Default

Good ideas for sure. My forum has been stuck at 700+ members for weeks now since I publicly opened the forums up. Not really a big deal as long as I know Im gettin visitors and traffic -- and I know if I keep updating stuff regularly they'll eventually come back and sign up as regular members.
__________________
Live It, Love It, OWN It...Here, obv.

FriendSpace Poker Challenge.

.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0