Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
jharri26 jharri26 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Default Site redesign, how to get more traffic?

I have recently redesigned my site at xhttp://www.route66poker.net adding content frequently. I am looking for suggestions on how to make it better, aiming towards tournament players. Also wondering how to increases traffic. I dont get that much even though I feel I have followed SEO and all that to the best of my ability. I am on page 3 of google for "Online Poker Tournaments"

Looking at Webalizer for July I had 229378 Hits. 15029 Total Visits. Not sure if thats good or not.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2006, 04:35 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 273
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

First, it's a really nice design, however you say your site is targeted at online poker tournaments and tournament players, however to me it just comes across as yet another standard poker site. There's nothing wrong with that, however if I'm a tournament player, I see nothing there really that would attract me. Like even simple things like the "Learn how to play Poker" part, change that to "Learn how to play tournament Poker". In regard to reviews, focus more on tournaments, also have a tournament ticker on the front page etc.

Also simple little deceptive things, for example when I go to your reviews I see no user has rated anything yet. Why not create a user, and then rate the poker rooms yourself? That way it gives the impression there's people going to the site, participating etc.

If you're going to focus on online poker tournaments, go the full way.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Site Redesign - Please review jharri26 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-06-2007 03:48 PM
Free Online Poker Traffic Report Feed for your site clubwager The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 12-11-2006 02:45 PM
Site redesign - WordPress to HTML JasonD Search Engine Optimization 1 12-12-2005 04:25 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0