News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2006, 08:16 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default Site review please

I have a new poker site that I would like to get a review on. the site is about two weeks old so not quite complete yet. I've got some original articles that I'm writing and i'm just now getting started on working on my poker tutorials.
http://www.poker-portal.info

Also, if anyone is interested in link exchanges give me a shout.

Thanks-
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2006, 12:18 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,086
Default

My honest opinion is this. The logo and color scheme looks nice and is easy on the eyes.

I don't know what your skills are at web building or seo but this is what I would suggest.

1. First thing I would do is wipe out 99-100% of the banners. This will help you get inbound links to your site and also link exchanges. Are you finding it hard to get people to exchange? If so that might be why.

2. After that I would focus on what you want your site to actually be about. Right now I don't know what the sites about. I'm thinking it's a basic review site. Focus on something. Maybe "Free Texas Holdem Ebook" or "Free Poker Ebook".

3. Your keywords on your homepage in the title are "Poker News" "Online Poker Reviews" "Poker Articles" and "Poker Strategy". Those are the top 5 most competitive keywords in the business. Prepare for a lot of work to rank highly for those. It's not impossible but I wouldnt recommend it unless you feel like living like a hermet for the next couple years.

Lastly I think your site needs an odds calculator. See my signature.

Hope this helps,
R
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2006, 07:40 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default

Thanks for the input. I actually tried your calculator out but had problems getting the cards to display. A problem on my end for sure.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0