Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-26-2006, 02:14 PM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Hey,
I'm looking for some feedback on the DeuceAce poker directory

The directory script has been integrated with the forum design as much as I could.

I will be getting another design online soon so its mainly just a review on the integration

The directory is pretty new and still really small, I use the same script on one of my bigger sites and I have over 12k sites listed on that.

Thanks
John
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Kestrel Kestrel is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Default

Hi John,

There's not really much to say about a link directory. As long as it does what it says.
One thing though, the black description text is a little difficult to read on the charcoal/grey background.

And I like your new navigation bar at the top.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,078
Default

Is it seo friendly?
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2006, 04:59 PM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Its SEO friendly but I still need to do more work on it, the only thing I want to really change is making static pages with details of the listings.

Thanks, I didn't notice about the description text.

I know its a link directory but theres a lot that can be improved, just like a forum can

SEO friendly detail pages is one, looking to get some fresh ideas that I can't think of.
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-26-2006, 06:47 PM
stevencachia stevencachia is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default

First of all I have to say that you have a nice forum, well built and has alot of activity. The PR function looks very handy on the directory but unfortuanetly I didn't really like the red colour of the web url ( i guess it's too dark for a black background). Maybe it's my wireless connection at the moment but it seems that the site is quite slow to load. Anyway, good luck with your venture

PS; I notice you charge $5 for a reciprocal link. I guess you have to really improve your PR before you start earning from that directory.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-2006, 07:17 PM
stevencachia stevencachia is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default

oh and by the way! $3k on that forum?!?!
You really need some luck mate
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2006, 09:58 PM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Quote:
oh and by the way! $3k on that forum?!?!
You really need some luck mate
:blink: Sorry?

I'm not really looking for recips to be honest, I run another directory thats a pretty big and the recips are worthless, normally the sites are listed on a page that has hundreds of others, so theres close to no chance of the site being seen and the PR being passed is non-existant.

I don't think PR really matters though when it comes to poker sites, with most poker sites its more if a service thats being sold - PR doesnt really help with that but I know it does on some of my other sites, like my webmaster forum.

Thanks for pointing out about the red text

It isnt slow loading here but Ill check that out.

Thanks!
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Four2Eight Feet Four2Eight Feet is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 144
Default

John,

Just went to fill out the link info on the directory and can't see what I typed. :blink:

I know I am getting older but......? Let me know

Thanks
__________________
F2E
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2006, 10:18 AM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Fixed

Thanks, I must have changed that by accident!
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 1,050
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

the red text links (URL) gotta go...
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Carbon Poker Bonus Code or our Cake Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus | Poker Bonus Codes Online | Online Casino Bonus Directory | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0