Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2006, 04:26 PM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 246
Default

Hello,
I have been researching the pokeraffiliateworld site heavily the last week or so, and other sites online. I have a domain name that im not using, but I can change to something poker-oreinted for $10, so I am interested in getting into online/offline advertising. I read alot about finding a niche, and exploiting it. Some ideas I have had are regional specific (i live in New York), college specific (many major colleges around me), or age specific (18-25 or so, this is the idea I'm most fond of, as regional sites are kind of limited). With the age specific site, I have been checking some domain names, and have decided on younggunspoker.com if I go with it. I have pages of ideas that I've been brainstorming, but would like some input on this first before I get into more detailed stuff. Thanks for any advice you have.
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Pokerboy Pokerboy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 111
Default

plenty of ways to go...

- low FL holdem - stop working Burger King and make $10/hour playing poker....
- Tired of College? Go pro ?
- Bored ? want to play poker and you are broke ? Freerolls...

Just pick a theme and stick to it....

PS. Like the URL
__________________
Free Poker Tournament Listings for fellow webmasters.

Visit a great ressource for online poker tournament listings. Maybe you are looking for freeroll poker tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2006, 04:36 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

I like the domain name, it has a nice ring to it in my opinion. Sounds like you might want to promote sites where you can run online poker leagues for college students, or people in that age range at least. You could run a promo that leads to "Who is the Poker King of New York?" and advertise it full throttle in the N.Y area schools that surround you. Be sure to offer lots of cool prizes like Knicks tickets for example. Organize a few freerolls to get sign ups and then start to push the idea of small deposit buy in tournaments for your league events. I know paradise poker would be a great place to get started with something like this. Stephen is great and easy to work with and can set up tons of events like this for you. Now that I think about it... You may want to get a domain name that has something with NYPokerKing.com if you wanted to go with something like the promo i mentioned above. Hopefully some of this helps, and best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Pokerboy@Jan 26 2006, 04:33 PM


PS. Like the URL
Better buy it now or risk losing to some cyber squatter!
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Pokerboy Pokerboy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Georgia Poker+Jan 26 2006, 04:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Georgia Poker @ Jan 26 2006, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pokerboy@Jan 26 2006, 04:33 PM


PS. Like the URL
Better buy it now or risk losing to some cyber squatter! [/b][/quote]
heheh not me..to many URL's already...and so little time..
__________________
Free Poker Tournament Listings for fellow webmasters.

Visit a great ressource for online poker tournament listings. Maybe you are looking for freeroll poker tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Amar Amar is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 47
Default

I'm only 18 and still in high school so I definitely put some time and thinking into that idea. While I liked taketherakeback's suggestions, you might want to take a slightly different angle. (taketherakeback: this has nothing to do with the haterade of rakebacks in the industry). What he was saying was make leagues where young players can play together, but if they are considering quiting their jobs and such are they really going to want to take money young'uns just like themselves? From personal experience, I say no! Why not get them to work together (maybe helping to start a team at the team poker room thingy) so it's an us-against-the-world mentality. You know how teenagers think like that. It might be a great angle. Hope it was useful.

Amar
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2006, 08:58 PM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 246
Default

Ok, I bought the domain name, and it takes 48 hours to switch over so I have had a lot of free time to start building pages. I have written around 8 articles, and a couple player profiles along with some book reviews, and my question is should I upload all of this content at once? I'm not sure if I should stagger it to make it look like I'm constantly updating it to the search engines. I will be updating it regularly, but I just want some advice on what to do now.
Thanks
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Don't stagger that content, it doesn't sound like very much. Just get it all up.

And they say 48 hours on the nameservers, but it takes way less than that. I can register a domain name and have a site up within an hour. Not everybody in the world will be able to see it, but things move faster than 48 hours. Of course, you did GoDaddy, and they're a crock of shit, I'm sorry to say. I still have tons of names there, but I'm in the process of moving them.

They will suspend domain names for reports of spam and you have to pay 200 dollars to get them back. It's in the TOS when you join so you really can't do anything about it. Even if you don't host with them, they can nail you for stupid crap.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay@Jan 29 2006, 04:30 PM
Of course, you did GoDaddy, and they're a crock of shit, I'm sorry to say. I still have tons of names there, but I'm in the process of moving them.

They will suspend domain names for reports of spam and you have to pay 200 dollars to get them back. It's in the TOS when you join so you really can't do anything about it. Even if you don't host with them, they can nail you for stupid crap.
I have all my urls registered at godaddy as well.
I dont host through them.
I want to get away from them, but i want to have the ability to anonymize the registration like i can at godaddy(domains by proxy).
Who do you use/ recommend?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-30-2006, 02:56 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,439
Default

I use Bluehost. Have had nothing but great customer service and reliability with them.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I will send you my AFF link and split the CPA with you.

Bluehost has been around for several years and I have only read excellent reviews. I have been with them for almost 2 years now without a prob.

Cheers!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rogue Affiliate hacks Tao of Poker Blog J S General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 11-15-2006 11:19 PM
Analysis of new gaming law and affiliate options JacksNQueens General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 10-06-2006 03:41 PM
FREE PASSES AVAILABLE for CAC Las Vegas 2006 - Become a Sponsored Affiliate Digital Angel The Spam Forum 0 08-31-2006 11:50 AM
Should you trust your affiliate manager? Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 03-31-2006 01:48 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0