Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-03-2006, 10:09 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

Alright, so I've been working on this for the past couple of months. As far as I know, I'm the only one with a website devoted to true casino hauntings. The layout of some sections is similar to beatthefish.com but I hate to reuse content, so the biggest challenge was writing new and lengthy articles/reviews. Then, I had to take care of the custom graphics/banners which also took a while. I've got plenty of sections that I'd love to hear feedback on from the general niche idea to the logo to the graphics to the custom forum.


Also, here's a proposed press release:

Haunted Poker launched this week for the New Year and brings with it an original concept: a site dedicated to true hauntings at casinos worldwide. The site compiles a continuously updated database of casinos and cardrooms that are, supposedly, hotspots for paranormal activity.

Each location is reviewed by the site and provides specific details about the hauntings as well as their possible origins. Paranormal hotspots include Las Vegas locations such as the Luxor and the Tropicana. Haunted Poker also contains a directory of haunted places for travelers curious to visit where the other side still calls home.

Joshua Heilpern, who already runs co-created the site with contributions from girlfriend Rachel Muenkel.

When asked to comment on the site, Heilpern told us, "There are a lot of poker informational sites out there these days that all look the same. We wanted to do something different and create a website with an original look and feel. Plus, researching haunted places is just something we enjoy, anyway."

Besides features about haunted casinos, the site provides lengthy reviews of various online poker rooms. Other sections include poker strategy articles, poker news, tournament listings, and a forum to discuss both the paranormal and poker world. Haunted Poker's visual theme includes muted colors and graphics fit for a haunted house.

Overall, this unique website seems dedicated to reminding the public that there is more to the gaming world than glitzy lights, poker tables, and slot machines.

Quoting Miss Muenkel, "Millions of tourists step foot in these casinos every year without realizing what is beneath the surface. We hope to feed paranormal newcomer's curiosity while still exposing ghost hunters to some lesser known haunted locations."

Whaddya think???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-03-2006, 11:02 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 619
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

I Think the site is awesome, Sweet design and ideas. You need a really solid thing however, to make everyone look your way. Think halloweeen, think big poker events, haha like spook the wsop...
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2006, 12:25 AM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

I want to chime in and say "Great Design!" as well. Those skeletal fish icons are hilarious. Love'em! :lol:
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2006, 06:45 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys. :lol: I like that... "Spook the WSOP". I'll try to think of some big promotion. Glad you liked the fishies.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2006, 07:27 AM
coxquinn coxquinn is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 154
Default

this site lends itself to some sweet viral marketing campaign like "Spook the WSOP" etc. great idea
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

Thanks, Quinn. I know! I need to come up with a damn good viral marketing campaign for this one. I always figured that if I played in the Main Event I would probably "spook the WSOP" already with my clothing/hair. Hopefully ESPN would put me in "The Nuts" and I could have a custom fishnet shirt made with my bonus code on it. :lol:

Seriously, though... I've got to think about this one. :blink:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,078
Default

very nice I think once word gets out your site will be a long term success b/c I actually found myself reading the stories on ur site and I really don't have time for that : P
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 619
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

I was reading somewhere recently about some goth chick winning some important poker game, don't remember where, but I was lmao. You should make your forum for freaks only. Freak poker players welome and make them email you a photo to prove they are freaky. Lol your slogan could be: Im a poker pro! Im also a freak! But Im proud! That would not only get the freaks in, but eveveryone would have a look for a laugh. I'm certain that many of these bonus whores, 90yo poker players, housebound ect. are the bread and butter of online poker. Go for it exploit them.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-07-2006, 03:54 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

:lol: Thanks for checking it out and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I do need to do something different with it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0