News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Amar Amar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 47
Default

For those of you veteran affiliates, do you write your own news articles for your sites if you have a news section? I just got my first site and am looking to create a news page in a tiny effort to keep people coming back. Is there someplace I can get the articles?

Amar
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You can get news via RSS feeds or you can write your own. Many bigger affiliates will also just supply a link to the story or reprint the original story and reference the author and publication. This is very important.

I think it's good to have mix. Some original news stories and some that you have found or come across from another source.

The poker sites or blogs that I frequent on a weekly basis, I return because of the original content or news. Honestly I am not going back to poker sites to read another poker room review or read about strategy.

Think about what keeps you coming back to the spots you frequent, and then emulate it. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It's good to write your own news if you have time. Unique content is what keeps search engines and visitors interested in your site. There's nothing that says you have to write elaborate articles though. A line or two plus a link to an article somewhere else is also helpful, but in my experience, writing it yourself is a good thing to do.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-31-2005, 07:40 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 529
Default

I started writing all of my own news in November. I usually put up 2 or 3 tidbits every few days.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Amar Amar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 47
Default

Thanks for all the great advice. Happy new years to everybody! All my resolutions were about my first site. A bit like the 100 day challenge!

StillShadow, have you seen any difference in returning users since switching over to self written news articles? Also, to those who write their own occasionally, where are you finding the news? I'm a journalist and it isn't like covering a football game that is being shown live or anything.

Thanks,
Amar (the self proclaimed 2006 winner of most improved affiliate)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Randy72560 Randy72560 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27
Default

I really want to add a poker "news" section for my site. Any suggestions? I really want a feed of some sort.


Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 AM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 201
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

I write my own news, and have a set schedule for 5 times a day. It'd be a lot easier if every site would e-mail me their newsletters, instead of having to visit them all
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 431
Default

DealerDan,

I just sent out our newsletter via email. You should be receiving it shortly.

Newsfeeds...

I know Pokernews.com has a service.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com - $10K New Player Freerolls Monthly
Focalclick Affiliate Program
OneSickPromo
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-03-2006, 08:04 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 529
Default

It seems like there's a big demand for this... Maybe I'll set up a feed with some help, of course, on the scripting side. I'm not really sure how much of a benefit this would be so maybe I could get some opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 431
Default

The feed would be of benefit to you because it would have a link back to your site from the feed you provide.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com - $10K New Player Freerolls Monthly
Focalclick Affiliate Program
OneSickPromo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0