News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2005, 04:21 AM
stacksback stacksback is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 18
Default

Hi all,

I have an ok site with well incentivized offers, conversion seems okay but traffic is low.

I've got my first wave of revenue, and now have a 'spare' 500 dollars.

I've put in 80 hour weeks competely on spec, this 500 dollars is what's to show for it, and I think I need to re-invest it. So this newbie is hoping for some suggestions!

Where to advertise to get interested clicks? Do I traffic generating services or just take out a single ad at a popular poker site?

Advice would be awesome.

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 466
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Spare money?

Link-building.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2005, 05:34 AM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 492
Default

Stacks

$500 is not a lot of money in advertising.

Depending on the site, I would suggest 1-2 good sites that you know are worth it... My problem would be that any site "worth it" will probably cost more than $500. My suggestion would then be PCP engines and find the most appropriate niche of KW's...

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2005, 06:25 AM
stacksback stacksback is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 18
Default

Stephen,

Yeah 500 dollars is bargain basement... I need to parlay it into business, repeat, build that way.

Any tips about where 'good' clicks are going to come from?

I'm getting OK results from the search engines after only 3 weeks or so, but I'm not page one.

Who trades links with affiliate sites, besides the obvious places like PokerPages and PokerListings?

Would it be worth a few hundred for small text links strictly for SEO purposes?

I need to make what little money I have count.

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 492
Default

Hi Stacks

Another option is retention - offer existing Players more reason to stay loyal with you, or offfer them refer-a-friend bonuses for New Players that sign up... Probably be more effective, as you'd know what you get for your money.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 804
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

whatever you do, do not buy "targeted traffic" this is a total waste of time and money.
__________________
Holis
Diversify your efforts - Make up to 10K per User!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes
Top Ranked DVD's | Funny Poker Videos | Las Vegas Webcams
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If I were you I would take it all to the strip club and spend a few hours in the champagne room...............that's just me though :P

Seriously though I would use it to take care of your exsisting players or find 10 friends who love to play poker but haven't played online for real money yet. Give them each $50 and tell them to have a blast. The odds are that a few of these guys might become regular players. At this point you'll get a decent return.

Remember though, only friends that are already big into poker and don't currently play online. Giving $50 to any regular person is just pissing your money away.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:37 AM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 311
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

$500 buys a ton of color flyers and posters

or

vinyl decal for back of your car window

or

custom professional logo

or

Beer Coasters

or combination of all of the above.


For that kind of money, I think it would be better spent on offline promo's.

Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-05-2005, 01:40 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

Don't spend it. Wait til you have a more meaningful amount of money. You'll never have 10,000 if you always spend 500 everytime you get it.

Don't put the cart before the horse. Identify the marketing thing you want to do, then get however much money you need to do the thing you want to do.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0