Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2007, 02:41 AM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 167
Default my new site

Please review and comment, as i'd love to know what you guys think of the site and the idea.

Both negative and positive feedback is welcome!

Thank you

http://www.raceforaseat.com
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2007, 03:09 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 863
Default

I like it...it looks very good. I can't actually find anything negative to say. I did notice a couple of dead links though...although you probably already know about them. The cake poker banner in the header and the links in the "Rake Race Eligible Poker Rooms" on the homepage.
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Need poker room reviews, player bio's or basic strategy articles? PM me...cheap rates
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-08-2007, 03:27 AM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 167
Default

Thank you for the kind words Special Member. The site hasn't gone live yet so I have not connected all the links. I think I am launching on Monday
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Mosey Mosey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10
Default

I think the concept is genius. Assuming it takes off and more than one person a month makes your $50 rake minimum.

They race to make you money and you return back one guy some cash.

I'd love to see your math that each month you are clearing the $1000 to "buy" the spot so the winner can get $10,000

Plus buying the seats at the runner-up table.

I am sure you thought about this already though
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 926
Default

Will the leaderboard be public?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 167
Default

I was going to make the top 10 or 25 players public and update it every day, do you think that would be ok?

Mosey i'm not sure what you mean by "buying" the spot? )
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Mosey Mosey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10
Default

By "buying the spot" I mean you are paying for someone to get a seat at a 10k SNG, essentially, right? So each "spot" costs you $1000.

Or is Cake donating that spot and/or the prize.

I was thinking you were giving the winner one of 8 spots, $1250 each, so essentially you need to make that in MGR or you are losing money on the venture.

Or am I missing a piece of this pie? Did you convince Cake to give you this 10k prize table up front?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 167
Default

Ok after reading, and re-reading your post I really can't believe what all the sarcasm is for?

It's simple, if I don't clear the $1000 each month, I put the rest in myself.

Yes I am taking a risk, and it might not take off, but it is a relatively new idea, a great poker room from an affiliate's standpoint, I have someone helping me with it who is very experienced and successful with the room and I am willing to take the personal financial risk.

So don't bother the thread with your sarcastic remarks, try being constructive, and if you can't do that, don't bother posting.

If I was wrong in my assessment of the original post I apologize but it came across very sarcastic
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
BryanHauer.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 427
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan
Default

Jay. Site looks sweet!. Nice job with the DeepStack theme. I love that you also integrated vbulletin and also got the tournament script to work.

Great job all around!

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon

And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either. Also, check out my other Premium WordPress Themes!

Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 167
Default

Thanks Bryan for all your help. I love the theme
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
mypokercorner
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PR3 Job Board Site for Sale indieangler Websites & Domains For Sale 0 11-24-2007 06:32 AM
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0