Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
sambkk sambkk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3
Default Real Newbie

Hi
I have built a site and looking to fill it up with exiting offers. I would liek to offer rakeback to my visitors as well as just plain sign up bonuses, a little of both. I have been reading about promotions and signed up here and there, but keep getting confused with all the promotions being offered.
I want to be sure I dont suggest something to my visitors that isnt actually true, just because I have misunderstood the rules of t6he offer.
Can anyone point me to a site where I can sign up as affiliate, offer poker rakeback deals where my players get some % of rake back (preferably paid directly to theri account) and then I can get some % of their action.

Thanks

Sami
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2007, 01:41 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 895
Default

Talk to Mark (Sun Poker) here at PAW. He might be able to help you out.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 328
Default

Its difficult to build a new poker site with good rakeback deals. The best rakeback deals are given to the affiliates who bring in high volumes of players. So if you are given a low rakeback amount to offer, you will struggle to do well in such a competitive area of online poker.

It would probably be best to stick with the standard bonuses and avoid rakeback until you start bringing lots of players to the rooms.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2007, 04:12 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 895
Default

I agree with pokerbank. I would not recommend rakeback to start with. If you offer large rakeback deals you wont earn much comission (if any). You have to remember that the rakeback you offer is deducted from your earnings, so if you offer your players 30% of you 35% comission you will only get 5% in the end.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2007, 04:35 AM
sambkk sambkk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3
Default

Hi guys
thanks for the replies.
I will definately contact mark.Just figured asking a question first, to sort of know what to ask mark..
I am not so worried about the margins at this point, I just want to be able to offer both.
I am under the impression that there are a few largish affiliate sites who have se4cured a good% from the poker rooms and then by signing with them I would be able to offer decent % and get my little slice as well.

Any thoughts/comments?

thanks

Sami
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2007, 05:39 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 895
Default

If you are new to the industry I really don't think you will earn that much money from offering your visitors rakeback. In my opinion it's not worth the hassle.

But talk to Mark about it. He will give you some good advice.

My 2p.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check if a player is a real money player and belongs to you. bonusrobber PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 08-09-2006 06:24 PM
I am A Newbie and will thankyou for your help. pokernoker New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 06-27-2006 04:30 PM
Give away free real money online casino chips magnetobucks The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 02-12-2006 05:03 AM
Clicks to Players to Real Money Players PPP General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-24-2005 05:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0