Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2007, 11:17 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 135
Default Do I NEED a Tag Cloud?

Does this do anything for me? SEOwise or other?
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 450
Default

I think on your site it's a good idea, simply because it would help the spiders crawl your site. The only other place I found the tags was on the single posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 450
Default how does cloud help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrad View Post
I think on your site it's a good idea, simply because it would help the spiders crawl your site. The only other place I found the tags was on the single posts.
Hi:

Could you/somebody elaborate on how having a tag cloud "helps spiders crawl your site"?

In what sense?

By providing a whole bunch of keywords all in one place? or....??? what???

Thanks.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
ozim ozim is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
Default

If you want to help your site SEO-wise consider creating Google Sitemaps. TAG Clouds won't help you with anything, IMHO they are just trendy web 2.0 gizmos.
__________________
POKER - Poland's Top Poker Site
poker links - exchange links with me
kostenlos poker poker forum F1
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 135
Default

I have a sitemap, does this mean I don't need the tag cloud?
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:28 PM
GCPguy GCPguy is offline
Future Millionaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcap1p View Post
I have a sitemap, does this mean I don't need the tag cloud?
IMO - Keep the tag cloud.

Pros:
  1. It boosts SEO
  2. It's trendy Web 2.0 stuff
  3. You've already implemented it
Cons:
????????????

I hope to put one on my site soon. And I will probably include one on any content oriented site I build in the near future.
__________________
Gulf Coast Poker
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2007, 09:14 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Could you/somebody elaborate on how having a tag cloud "helps spiders crawl your site"?

In what sense?

By providing a whole bunch of keywords all in one place? or....??? what???
Well, the tags aren't just keywords, they are links. Spiders follow links.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 423
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

I know some new affiliates are reading this post and might want to know 'exactly what is web 2.0'

Here is a good overview: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/orei...is-web-20.html
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0