
If you are wanting to build a site that will be huge then...sometimes. For example if you plan on eventually driving enough players to absolute poker in one month to recieve 40% of their revenue share rather than 30% then you should be a straight affiliate of absolute poker. However, PAWs affiliate program offers many benefits:
1. PAWs pokerstars program allows you to obtain the highest payout they give for affiliates. So, you can aspire, as we all do, to drive in 300 players in one month, and you'll get the $300 per player.
2. Its all in one location, all of your rooms.
3. US affiliates can promote non US rooms
4. If a US friendly poker room stops accepting US players, then you can still promote that room through PAW.
I personally don't see the ability to promote freerolls through pokernews as much of an incentive. My thinking is that when people see that it is from poker news, they will go to google, type in pokernews freeroll, end up at pokernews, and sign up through them. Why do i think this, because people would naturally feel more secure about getting in that freeroll, if thats why they want to sign up...by signing up through poker news. And I f..ing hate poker news.
I'm not bashing PAWs program at all, i'm in it for pokerstars right now and may switch some other rooms out if the UEIGA thing blows up in our faces. I think the program is great, those are just a few benefits as well as drawbacks I thought of.
...hope that helps.
as far as rakeback goes, someone else will have to answer that question, i don't even know how affiliates keep track, whether the room straight up puts a share of your money in the players account or if you have to manually do it. I dunno. Anyone want to give some rakeback knowledge?
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Last edited by addaminsane : 07-16-2007 at 08:02 AM.
|