Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default Non poker site

New site - backend content creator is still being "created" so site is not "officially" launched.

I've read lots about not using white on black etc. - so before I go too far I would like some opinions.

http://www.australianracinggreyhound.com/

The right hand graphics are not "clickable" at the minute but will be on launch. Just spent the whole day creating them so please no "borrowing" - lol.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 217
Default

The yellow copy on dark background doesn't come off to well.

It needs a bit more colour, just a splash. I like the icons on the right, the banner with the greyhound could be spiffed up a bit more.

Good work so far!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,293
Default

Yea I have to agree that the yellow on grey does not work so well.

I like the design and icons, but I feel another color scheme might me in order...

Looking good though.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 879
Default

I think that yellow and grey is ok. I think you need to change the icons to the left. They look a bit "dead", no contrast.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

Thanks for the advice

I'll try and "juice" it up a bit

Thanks
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default Recolorizes : Please review

Following advice I have recolorised, added image hover gif's and "juiced" up the banenr a little

Please review.

I'm not 100% sure about it myself.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 217
Default

Just a few suggestions that you might want to consider.

Still not sure about the yellow on grey. The white copy looked a lot better against the grey backdrop.

I'd probably have an outline border, along with a slightly lighter colour as background for on your div id="sidebar-alt" tags. It just seems a bit 'loose' especially if you're keeping with the grey background.

I still think the banner could be revamped. It doesn't give the site much impact.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

Good advice - Thanks Mitchell

I tried some other backgrounds but kept coming back to this one.

I try a few more arrangements.

Cheers
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 879
Default

Just had a look through your page again.

I think that you should change the yellow text on the white background. There¨s no contrast. Also the green text isnt good on the white background.

And the icons are a bit "rough" on the edges on my screen.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

Thx bahh

There was a slight prob. yesterday. The "white" should have been a dark grey.

The page is displaying properly again. Please have another look.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 08:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0