Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-27-2007, 10:05 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 549
Default not a poker site, but needs a review

I'm working on a site and thought it was time to get some feedback from some people that I trust.

Everyone here gives such great feedback on poker sites I thought I would see what you had to say about my new site, www.iphonemobilemob.com.

Plus, if you guys and gals could stop by, register for the forum, maybe make a post or two that would be much appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance,

SmackDog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-27-2007, 10:23 PM
PFO PFO is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 121
Default

Really great looking design. I like the mouse over preview when putting your cursor of the cart (how did u do that?).

How do you plan on marketing it and getting traffic (search engines?).
__________________
Find information on Carbon Poker Freerolls and BoDog Freerolls at the highest ranking freeroll site.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Personally I really, really hate the design.

Same old....same old .. and just boring.



What does this site offer me right off the bat that's any different from anybody elses iPhone site I've been clicking on for the last hour looking for good deals?

There are hundreds just like this you know?

For 15 seconds I scaned this site.....that's about average for web surfers like me .......and then clicked the back button. There must be something better out there...........

I though you were listening to my advice Corey?

Black background with white font?

Be in my face right away with a great deal I've never seen before.

Wow...... this site could save me some serious money!

They offer a free guide on how to make the most of the 1Phone!

This is the site I've been searching for!

I think I'll sign up for their free newsletter and get the best iPhone deal possible.

Wow I'm sure glad I clicked on and found this website!

If you don't get that kind of respone from at least 30% of your site visitors........you'll never be profitable in a very highly competitive niche like new electronic devices that come and go.

Trust me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2007, 03:32 AM
pokerpatduck2 pokerpatduck2 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 64
Send a message via AIM to pokerpatduck2
Default

Black background and white font is a bit difficult to read. However, as a whole the color scheme seems to work. Easiest thing to do would make the font a bit larger. Larger font might get the message out easier, but don't go overboard.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2007, 04:42 AM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 139
Default

Nice layout easy to use but similar to many other sites out there
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 217
Default

I liked it, but it wasn't effective for me.

I have to agree with Dave on the white font - whilst it looks like it fits, it seemed to defer my attention elsewhere.

It does seem to be lacking a USP, but i think that you've got a bit of potential in there.

Chuck in a few vidoes, if possible, add a flash animation. Give me more images. I want to be aesthetically wooed, by the sights, sounds and feel of the site.

It's about technology, and you want to seem to be at the forefront in promoting it as well.

These techniques are little subtle things that can set you apart from any ol iPhone touting site.

Good luck!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2007, 09:49 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I agree with them on teh black. With teh blue background it makes it hard to concentrate on the writing and center of the page. For me at least. I would brighten it up and add some bold colours (hmmmm maybe I like reed to much but)

It looks very sleek and quick navigation.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-01-2007, 12:26 AM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 549
Default

Ok, I have added some video to the site and am in the process of having someone create more videos for me that will be iphonemobilemob.com exclusives.

I am also going to be offering up a new feature where users can sign up via email for updates to the iPhone as well as, like Dave suggested, emails for tutorials on how to best use their iPhones.

As far as great deals go, I'm not sure how to go about this. I only sell iPhones via Amazon, when they are available, so I don't know what you mean by this.

SmackDog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 217
Default

Some ideas off the top of my head.

Perhaps integrate a spot where they can download widgets off the iPhone (like a countdown timer, etc.) and onto their desktop. I'm not sure if there's any available online, but i'm sure it's something that's not that hard to do.

Maybe even an RSS widget feed - updating your visitors every time you post a new video or tutorial up. Or even latest information from Apple (faults on different models, Software updates etc.)

That can make your site sticky, with visitors having your branded widget on their desktop, and can refer back.

Also - don't forget to plan ahead. You don't want to 'lose' your customer once they've purchased the phone from your site.

Now, i haven't read up much on the iPhone, but i'm sure Apple will have some sort of supporting software for it. Perhaps have a section for this as well - impending releases, suggestions - make it interactive as well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 08:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0