Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 11-08-2006, 11:42 PM
psmoney psmoney is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default Going to vegas friday

I am going to vegas on friday and have never played poker in a brick and mortar casino. What should I do in regards to player cards or anything else I should sign up for or register before I begin sitting down and playing? Sorry im such a newb to live poker just turned 21 today.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM
mrgrundy mrgrundy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

It depends on where you are going to play. Caesars has an awesome new poker room and their tournaments have the best structure of any casino (Venetian isn't far behind). You will need a Harrah's Total Rewards card to play in the tourneys at Caesars (or any of the other Harrah's properties).

You don't need a card for cash games at any casinos that I know of.

I like the Mirage best for cash games and Caesars for tourneys. Also, a really fun tournament is the 11 pm at Sahara. Lots of drunks, bad players and poker dealers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is online now
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 329
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Talking

Quote:
Lots of drunks, bad players and poker dealers.
That made me laugh, poor dealers get lumped in with the drunks and bad players.
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:41 PM
psmoney psmoney is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

I forgot to get my new drivers license for 21 and over. Will i have a problem getting in any of the casino's/bars with the ID i have now? It still has my birthdate on it, so i figured I wouldnt have any trouble.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-19-2006, 08:23 PM
mrgrundy mrgrundy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Default

As long as it is valid ID, you shouldn't have a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Kyle Kyle is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmoney
I forgot to get my new drivers license for 21 and over. Will i have a problem getting in any of the casino's/bars with the ID i have now? It still has my birthdate on it, so i figured I wouldnt have any trouble.
That will depend on how much they want you inside the place. Dress nice
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:11 AM
psmoney psmoney is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

hey I already went and had no trouble
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:35 PM
StoffeT StoffeT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmoney
hey I already went and had no trouble
Did you win some dollars?
__________________
/
Main project: http://www.highstakesdb.com
New project: http://www.tournamentagent.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-21-2006, 02:10 AM
psmoney psmoney is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

I came back $495 in the green I was not very happy with the results but I guess its not terrible for my first time playing poker in a casino. The games are so easy, and I got into an argument with a few guys about online poker. They go "geeze thats an online poker hand for ya." I didn't respond like the first 10 times they said it, but after that I had to counter back asking if he had some bad luck online. It is amazing how many people in the casino's think online poker is rigged yet they still lose there money in the casino as well
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hola, Bonjour, Hallo - Multi Language Vegas Poker 247 Banners LeMichelle General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-13-2007 11:15 AM
$10 Free Cash for 1st Time Depositors at Vegas Poker 247 LeMichelle General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-02-2007 03:30 PM
12 days of Christmas at Vegas Poker 247 LeMichelle General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 12-13-2006 03:33 PM
Friday the 13th could be a lucky day? yysg28 The Spam Forum 0 12-08-2006 02:28 AM
Casino Partners (Vegas Red) Link Format indieangler General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-15-2006 06:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0