Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 05-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here is what one of our members did for some of his offline promotions. Now this stuff is really cool. I won't disclose who it is unless you want to come forward

This is the kind of stuff that will get you sign-ups if executed right.




Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 05-15-2005, 11:22 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,022
Default

How much did the big banner cost?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 336
Default

Poker Chips = Brilliant
Banner Idea = Brilliant
Position of Bonus Code on Banner = Horrible! It'll probably get people to sign-up for PartyPoker, but I doubt even 1 in 5 of them will use his bonus code - its so small and hard to find!!!
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Online
Posts: 331
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

How can i find a sticker kit to make those 1.5' stickers for chips.
__________________
PAW Members get 30% + CPA
Greg D Powell
AMCO Gaming Affiliate Manager
Skype: gregdpowell
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 425
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

I was thinking of doing the same thing with the chips and hand those out instead of business cards. The sign needs a the bonus code to be much bigger though.
__________________
Just graduated and getting back into the poker affiliate game. Follow my quest to not have a real job...- Justin Goff's Entrepreneur blog

Target goal - $215 per day by April 1st, 2008

April earnings - $33.30 per day
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Personally I would drive the traffic to another unique URL versus PartyPoker. People will remember your banner and remember PartyPoker but maybe not a specific bonus code, at which point they will google party poker bonus code and all the seo gurus get the business.

Just a thought but I had a banner made up last year that is real simple. It's a white background and says my domain on it in black letters.

If anyone knows where to get the inlays "stickers" for these chips, please post in a new thread. This would be good info to have. I've looked around but can't locate any without going to a custom print shop. (expensive)
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
RiverStevens RiverStevens is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 69
Send a message via MSN to RiverStevens
Default

I'm wondering, we have lots of internet cafe's in Toronto, where the average price to go online is about $3/hour and tons of orientals playing war games. I was trying to think of how to get a few of these cafes to post something for me, any ideas?

River~~~
__________________
Your one-stop poker shop
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Stephen Stephen is online now
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 492
Default

RiverStevens

I was once in heavy negotiations with Easy Everything Internet Cafes to get them to promote an online casino. They asked for huge moneys, and nothing came of it (especially after I saw 90% of the people in there being backpackers and either sending emails or reading newspaper).

My original aim was to create casino nights at the Cafe, and encourage people to sign up there and then, and even organise a special depositing method.

I would suggest the same thing for poker (probably even easier, as there is no stigma). Speak to them about creating a Poker Night in a small section of the room - u can set up the accounts for them (make sure the tracking works etc), and get them to play (u can even offer free lessons/assistance).

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2005, 12:28 AM
slowdive23 slowdive23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upland, CA. USA
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to slowdive23
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ClarkePromotions@May 15 2005, 08:00 PM
Poker Chips = Brilliant
Banner Idea = Brilliant
Position of Bonus Code on Banner = Horrible! It'll probably get people to sign-up for PartyPoker, but I doubt even 1 in 5 of them will use his bonus code - its so small and hard to find!!!
I know the bonus code looks small, but try to imagine this 6" X 2" about thirty feet in front of you, or even 50 feet.

I tested it when I drove up to my apartment and, believe it or not, it's discernible.

But I will go off to Office Depot (I love this place) and have them make me a larger, laminated "Get $25 extra" sign to put on the banner. I will also include my url in big letters for my college promotions. College players are big on poker! JUst ask....
__________________
<span style=\'color:blue\'>Don't tell us about Private Property, this is America!</span>

[email protected]

Protect you Poker Affiliate Empire today!

College Nuts for Poker!

Get your bonus codes on poker chips!
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2005, 12:32 AM
slowdive23 slowdive23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upland, CA. USA
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to slowdive23
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RiverStevens@May 17 2005, 12:50 AM
I'm wondering, we have lots of internet cafe's in Toronto, where the average price to go online is about $3/hour and tons of orientals playing war games. I was trying to think of how to get a few of these cafes to post something for me, any ideas?

River~~~
Wanna know about getting businesses to promote Poker for you, READ JEREMY ENKE'S PARTY RICHES EBOOK!! I did and it's great, insightful stuff. Now I have a Pool Table/Game Room business hanging up banners, putting business cards and fliers all over the place just by ....well READ PARTY RICHES!!!
__________________
<span style=\'color:blue\'>Don't tell us about Private Property, this is America!</span>

[email protected]

Protect you Poker Affiliate Empire today!

College Nuts for Poker!

Get your bonus codes on poker chips!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have a Forum? Want Exclusive Promotions? CakeManager General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 09-22-2006 03:55 PM
Offline Promotions / College Campus / Legal Questions aj22 Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 1 09-03-2006 09:39 AM
Offline Promotions, Who's Using Direct Mail? Nathan Haines General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 12-18-2005 06:17 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 10:35 AM
A post on offline marketing Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-08-2005 11:26 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0